1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Website has great search rankings but no Traffic?

Hello,

The website www.wheelforge.com is receiving great search engine rankings for many keywords, but the alexa doesnt show the traffic. What are they guys doing? How are they getting such good rankings? There pagerank is 0 and they have no links...Am I missing something?
  3. hctibselgoogtonmai
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

My Favorite Tools: Web CEO - Ranking Reports, Keyword Research, Link Analysis | Hosting.com - U.S. Windows Hosting | ISAPI Rewrite - Rewrite & Redirect for Windows
  5. <-- No I am not Kermit
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Well, Alexa is ok for measuring a cross-section of traffic, but not a very reliable one for overall, total traffic. What do your logs say? Do they show any traffic?
    SEO Tips

SEO Consulting $50/hr - IM me for details *** PayPal available
  7. Think Out of the BOX...
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

i think your keywords are non performing keywords... spend proper time on research for main targeted keywords.
  9. Self-managed!

A real fact: sometime ago a site of mine was #1 for a 30,000,000 competition keyword, still that keyword was bringing in about 10-20 visitors / month. It's not just being #1 for whatever keyword, it's about being #1 for good keywords ( that you have researched before starting your SEO efforts ) that you're positive they'll bring in good traffic and that traffic can be converted into $
  11. Croatia - Hrvatska

It's not just being #1 for whatever keyword, it's about being #1 for good keywords
    even good keywords sometimes bring very small traffic, if you want big traffic you must optimize your site on couple tousand keywords, all related to your main keyword

im on first page for 1 keyword, 1531 per/month, im first on G, Y and M and i get 20 visitor/month from this keyword from all 3 SE, but im also on first page on 500 secondary and small keywords related to this keyword and that bring me 5000 visit/month

sometimes you can get nice visit from 1 keyword, but in most cases you need to go wide with our keywords to get traffic
    Last edited by Bruno; Aug 16th, 2005 at 05:32 AM.
  13. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Your title tags are identical across the site. Write GOOD, page topic specific title tags for every page and I will bet big money that your rankings and CTR in the SERPs will see mega improvement.

Comments on this post

• digidogstudios agrees : exactly
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL