1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Two domain extension for my domain with same contet?Is this raise duplicate issue?

I have two domain extensions for my main site .ie and .com version. Like Example.com (This is my main site) and example.ie (itís not indexed in Google).
    My site is targeting not only in Ireland but also in UK and the .com version of site is well indexed in Google and I don't want to prefer that .ie version instead of .com version.

Only url is different, content and everything is the same. Is 301 redirection is needed for .ie version or do I want to add canonical tag to my .ie domain. Is this is a must?

or can I hide the .ie version using robot.txt?
  3. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

If there are links built to the IE version then it would be good to redirect them or canonicalize them the .com version.
    There are ways to geo-target different domains for different geographies. But since you do not want to retain the IE version then 301 redirect sounds good to me.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by NewDelhiSEO
    If there are links built to the IE version then it would be good to redirect them or canonicalize them the .com version.
    There are ways to geo-target different domains for different geographies. But since you do not want to retain the IE version then 301 redirect sounds good to me.
    Hi thanks for your reply. Actually in .ie version contents are the same and we promoting euro prices there , but in .com version we are promoting sterling prices.
    .Com version is our main website. In .ie version we are calling the full content and functionaries using i frame. So do this considered as duplicate site since the site is loaded with the help of iframe. If so without 301 redirect what else I can do in order to solve duplicate issue?