1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Post Should I go for dedicated SSL or free shared SSL? What's the deal?

I have two questions about SSL certificates that I'm hoping you guys will share your experience and thoughts on.

Question 1:
    How important is it to have your own dedicated SSL certificate vs. using the free shared SSL certificate? Have any of you guys noticed a loss in customers or orders or any negative side effects at all from using the free shared SSL certificate?

Question 2:
    What are some good places to buy SSL certificates and what's a fair price? I've contacted Verisign and their prices are beyond my budget.

Thanks.

P.S. My apologies if these questions have been asked and answered before.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by robinsoncalvin
    I have two questions about SSL certificates that I'm hoping you guys will share your experience and thoughts on.

Question 1:
    How important is it to have your own dedicated SSL certificate vs. using the free shared SSL certificate? Have any of you guys noticed a loss in customers or orders or any negative side effects at all from using the free shared SSL certificate?
    I would recommend you to go for a Dedicated SSL certificate, it will make sure that you avoid any downtime for your website.

Shared SSL could result in some of the browsers not recognizing the SSL provider thus displaying an error.

Question 2:
    What are some good places to buy SSL certificates and what's a fair price? I've contacted Verisign and their prices are beyond my budget.[/QUOTE]

In my view Verisign is one of the best, unfortunately i am not much aware about a better alternative. But you could contact your hosting provider to check if they could redirect you to some good SSL certificate providers..All the best!