1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Risky but gonna ask

Ok I know I shouldn't be using automated software to check my rankings and itís risky, but let's be honest, tons of people are using them. Especially when you have tons of keywords to check and doing it manually is, well you know, time not spent wisely!

Is anyone experiencing issues with checking rankings with an automated software on Yahoo!?

The issue started May 21st for me.

Curious if others are having the same issue.

Thanks,

lilbit
  3. Angel down from Heaven
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by lilbit
    Ok I know I shouldn't be using automated software to check my rankings and itís risky, but let's be honest, tons of people are using them. Especially when you have tons of keywords to check and doing it manually is, well you know, time not spent wisely!

Is anyone experiencing issues with checking rankings with an automated software on Yahoo!?

Thanks,

lilbit
    I'm using IBP to check rankings for fast result. I know it's not accurate like the result in our PC because google has so many data center.
  5. Contributing User

No. I don't want to risk any of my site for almost no gain at all.

If the site is really important for your business, you'll not risk it.

But to be honest, I didn't know that automatic checking will put a site in risk.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanks,

lilbit

Yup I faced a similar situation.. yahoo rankings are not accurate when using automated software.. not sure why though...
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by cybotrix
    Yup I faced a similar situation.. yahoo rankings are not accurate when using automated software.. not sure why though...
    cybotrix

When you using the software are you getting rankings at all? I'm experiencing no rankings but spot checking manually there are rankings.

What I have also noticed that occasionally when manually checking I get a 999 error page from Yahoo, have you recieved that as well?

I also get the 999 error when searching Yahoo from home and I don't even run a software. Just plain weird.

lilbit
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

cybotrix

When you using the software are you getting rankings at all? I'm experiencing no rankings but spot checking manually there are rankings.

What I have also noticed that occasionally when manually checking I get a 999 error page from Yahoo, have you recieved that as well?

I also get the 999 error when searching Yahoo from home and I don't even run a software. Just plain weird.

lilbit
    i have never received the 999 error.. but i was not gettin the rankings using software.. when i chk it manually they are thr on the first page.. and the software says "Not Found" for that search term...
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by cybotrix
    i have never received the 999 error.. but i was not gettin the rankings using software.. when i chk it manually they are thr on the first page.. and the software says "Not Found" for that search term...
    Isn't it amazing...do you think Yahoo is tagging the automation or just a fluke from the latest update they did?
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

My solution.

I am using a website builder that comes with an online keyword ranking system. I have used it for the past few years and have not have not had a problem. In fact my ranking has increased.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Some of the automated software are not accurate in their result. I still prefer to use the manual method although you need time to check it one-by-one.