1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Ranked top ten yahoo asia, Australia, UK

Can someone please explain? My site is just being index by yahoo
    and the pages are ranked in the top ten and twenty for most
    keywords in Yahoo Asia, Yahoo Australia, Yahoo UK.

Yeah ranked top ten Yahoo Asia, Yahoo Australia, Yahoo UK etc however Yahoo USA is not so kind. While the site is shows up when I use site:mydomain.com but the keywords does not show up in the first 500 results.

My question is will the ranking results like in yahoo Asia, Australia, UK would eventually show up on yahoo USA main site or is Yahoo Asia, Yahoo Australia, Yahoo UK results are going to disappear too?

The question is does the main site index and provide the serp results to the other yahoo sites.?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yes, I am having the same problem. Just very minor results in the US. My sales fell back a lot and it is killing me. Can anybody tell what the hell is going on with Yahoo? Did they change their algorithm and it affects the US results first?
  5. Registered User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Yahoo! has different results based on the market your in, from Asia you'll find different website then from the US and so on. This is something we see MSN and Google also testing as they want to results to be more reflective on the local market.

Why should I get Pizza Huts head office when I type in the term pizza when I am in China, it make much more sense for the results to show me a local pizza shop.

Yahoo and Google local are doing this in major ways in the US, Canada and UK but the rest of the world its actually an algorithmic thing.

The future of search is that every country location will have different SEO results as like what happens with the current SEM side of the results.