1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Probly with Bing and search terms

Hey,

I am having big problems with Bing and them not showing my website stockingshq.com for the vast majority of a keyword terms, the site is indexed and if you search terms like stockings or stockingshq it will appear top but if you search for other keyword terms we rank well for on google such as nylonica stockings (we are the only company to stock it so we should come first as we do on Google) we do not appear. I have got Bing webmaster tools set up and xml sitemap submitted, it has been up and running for over a year now. We just launched an American version of our site called pantyhosehq.com and this site is getting indexed for keyword terms like Nylonica Stockings yet it is only 3 months old and has not been set up on Bing webmasters or had a xml sitemap submitted. If anyone could help it would be really appreciated.

Peter
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I see that no one responded to your question yet, so I will take a stab at it Um...generally speaking, the question is then what have you done differently with the two sites.... overall the sites look very similar. My guess on the face of it is that you're running them off of the same back end,etc.

I checked out your backlinks for stockingshq.com and it looks like your have a ton of linking root domains pointing to that site. I'm seeing about 478 for stockingshq.com However, when
    I look at pantyhosehq.com, I see only there. I also checked out the link quality of these really quickly...you have a number of sites redirecting to your, some examples include

purefiction.co.uk
    silk-stockings.co.uk
    vintagestockings.com
    There may even be a couple couple more... this may be sending a bad signal...

I also see that there are a bunch of links that may be a little questionable quality wise... i.e. they are very heavily optimized ...I'm wondering if there is something the backlink profile that bing may not like....this could be another area that you can look.

In general though, for google and bing alike, I would be very careful with the link building strategy you're using for stockingshq.com, it is a very shot term strategy. Google has been releasing some pretty aggressive updates to target tactics used in backlink profiles , which are similar to tactics on stockingshq.com.

Unfortunately, to do a full diagnostic would take me a bit more time than I have tonight but look for what's different between the two sites. What is popping out at me is the backlink profile. I'd deeper into the links or consult an expert, if link building is not something you guys are strong on in your wheelhouse and confirm that there is a link issue for bing..than i would consider if a potential bing disavow and reinclusion is the correct route...
    Last edited by whiterabbit; Jul 2nd, 2013 at 10:11 PM.
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

With all the different aspects of your site/sites with redirects, and different sites you'll be better off hiring someone to take a good deep look at your sites. It can't be done in a forum and is quite time consuming. Here's a list you can go through to fine some help: top member list
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hey,

thank you for the replies i forgot i had posted this in a moment of de spare with bing.

What i am finding very strange with bing is that Stockings HQ ranks 1st for keywords such as "stockings" and "nylonica" but does not even appear for "nylonica stockings".

Unfortunatly Stockings HQ has had 13 years of linking building done with no real focus, so now i am trying to do and find out what has been happening. Just out of curiosity when you say the link building strategy for SHQ is short term what do you mean?

My main focus recently has been with fashion and lingerie blogs and websites when it comes to link building as they are relevant and normally have a good PR.

I would be doing guest blogging, article submission and press releases in my link building strategy but do to complications with getting articles signed off to be released that is not a possibility at the moment.

I am kind of new to SEO and have been in the industry for just over a year so any pointers would be really appreciated.

Peter