1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

My **** blog outranks my real site

i have a blog (wordpress, for free), 2 weeks old with two articles about my niche, and one article is linking to my real site.

For some reason the blog, which has 0 backlinks is outranking my real site on bing by 2 pages!!

Has anyone experianced this? What is the reason?

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : Great title tag... thanks for the laugh! :P
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by atentat
    outranking my real site on bing by 2 pages!!
    Well it is Bing.
    Looking to buy a home? Check out my Real Estate Blog for London Ontario and my HGTV real estate tv blog
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

yes it is hosted on wordpress. In google it used to rank insanly well at first, now its way down. Maybe bing is just slower at this.

Am i to understand correct - wordpress & co blogs about yourself are the way to go? Like described by smartpassiveincomes website? Use 10-20 free hosting & articles backlinks/info sites to main site, after that, link even more to your backlinks to make them stronger?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i forgot to mention, my real site is all flash. Maybe thats one of the reasons?
  9. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

i forgot to mention, my real site is all flash. Maybe thats one of the reasons?
    This actually made me LOL.

Yes, this would be a huge reason. If your whole site is flash then Google has nothing to crawl - no keywords, no internal anchor text, nothing. Try going into your webmaster tools and "fetch as googlebot". Then you can see how the spiders see your page. If it's all flash they're likely not going to see much!

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i understand that text is kind of important? Or is it? allthough we do rank (dependent on the weather) well in google we dont rank at all in bing and yahoo. At least the title tag is right.

Problem is im not allowed to do anything about the conten-less-ness. There is some corporate "chain of command" bs going on, phds, BAs... you know..., people involved are about to get gutted for being useless, but i still have to deliver results or i will have to join them!

Isnt it possible to rank a website without visible content?
  13. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Think of it from the perspective of the search engine. How are they supposed to know what your site is about?

In theory, you could possibly get some type of rankings with relevant links. But these days, the only type of helpful link is one that is truly natural (for the most part). So, if all you have is a flash page and very little actual content, getting other websites to naturally link to you is going to be tough.

Problem is im not allowed to do anything about the conten-less-ness. There is some corporate "chain of command" bs going on, phds, BAs... you know..., people involved are about to get gutted for being useless, but i still have to deliver results or i will have to join them!
    This is kind of like saying, "My boss wants me to make an omelet and will fire me if I don't make a good one. I only have bread and milk to use (and no eggs). How can I make a good omelet?" In this case you need to advise your boss that if he wants an omelet, the only way he's going to get the results he wants is if he gives you eggs. Similarly, if your current boss wants you to rank this site and wants you to do it without crawlable content, you're going to have to tell him it can't be done.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, thank you for your explanation! I will concentrate on getting stuff done inside before i do the outside! I hope contenting it up a bit will help with ranking. I do have relevant links, they are mostly guest blog posts i do for people with relevent blogs. they are happy as they get great content for free. But i see i should get some content my self, before they start outranking me as well lol! I also have a few actual organic links, but only a few for now. We may not have text, but we have an application on our website, which people use.
  17. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Dr.Marie
    This actually made me LOL.
    That made me giggle too!