1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

MSN and New Site spider?

Hey there everyone,

This is a post for google/msn stuff but it really belongs here as MSN is the one that is 'more' relevant.

Okay here goes.

In 2004 I registered a site (x.com) and then was really slow on developing it. Then I had problems with my host and got annoyed so finally as I have more time I have moved hosts/domain names at the same time. So almost started from scratch...

Now all the relevant stuff. Site was uploaded from scratch on the 19-20th of Oct. By the 24th I got a visit from MSN. Only got 1 hit though. Even though there are many more pages.

Google came around the same day.... but since then has come back and hit something like 30pages (which is good).

Results: MSN- My front page is listed.... but nothing else at all... msn bot hasn't been back since the 24th to get the rest of my site, and updated optimisation/meta-tags

Google... Still am not on the index at all?

others.... nothing....

Now I know I am a little impatient but what kind of timeframe should I be waiting? I have put my site within reach of the search engines by putting it here and there around the web so don't think that is the problem.... if there is one...

your experience and advise on what you think is going on is greatly appreciated. url is in my profile... please contact me if you can help

Thanks

Bart
  3. SEO Earthquake!
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Try this: http://www.14thc.com/get-indexed-fast.html
    14th Colony: The hardest working websites online!

Looking for links? Join the Union and don't miss English Grammar rules, tips and explanations
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

so i got the sitemap up... submitted it... but no index? is it normal not to be indexed after 2 weeks of first spider???
  7. SEO Earthquake!
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Have you done the other things? Got BLs, set up an RSS feed?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Im wondering that do. MSN is usally very quick to spider your site if you just get some backlinks to it.

You can try sending an article to ezinearticles and isnare (among other article sites) That is usually a good way to get your sites spidered fast.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo