Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Looking for Yahoo SEO firm

I am looking for a firm to assist me with Yahoo SEO. Please PM me with details. I am working in a highly competative field.
  3. Modsky
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

You dont really need an SEO for YAhoo, there are 2 things that you need.

Old school onpage SEO h1 then h2 then paragraph then h2 then paragraph

And a bunch of backlinks with your kw, as far as i've seen thats all it takes.

Type in "SEO" in yahoo I may well be right
    Webmasters who spend their energies upholding the spirit of the basic principles [Of Google] will provide a much better user experience and subsequently enjoy better ranking than those who spend their time looking for loopholes they can exploit. Google.com

Real Estate
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Impressive ranking Morgan. Thanks for the tips. I might just give it a try on a couple of my sites. Actually come to think of it, I already am doing it on some sites, and they are really nowhere in the rankings. Perhaps I have tripped some kind of spam filter on those domains? Oh well. I always have my Google rank.
  7. Modsky

You tons of backlinks?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Veteran SEOCHAT Member

I have noticed the same thing.... matter of fact, I was just going to start a post about it.... Old school Google tactics win....

Keep the site clean...... content rich .... h1 tags.... and links with anchor keyword..... decription and title metas........

Funny , it's like Yahoo is starting off right where google totally changed....

I smell espionage...
    -
  11. No Profile Picture
    Veteran SEOCHAT Member

Time to show off...... talk about compettitive keyword.... check me out...

"buying a home"

Not the prettiest site, but how bout that rank?
    #3 - Thats me..... hehe

#3 out of 34 million.... not too shabby if I say so myself....
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Out of curiosity are you talking about the site with all the copyrighted work by Mr. Fisher on it. I would expect any site displaying the specific contents of a book, related to a particular subject matter, to do quite well in any search engine with almost no optimization.
    Last edited by outland88; Apr 14th, 2004 at 09:59 PM.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Veteran SEOCHAT Member

yep - thats the one.... He's my cousin.... still - --- look at that keyword phrase.... buying a home.....

34 MIllion..
  17. Savior of the Whales
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

hi clasione ... i dont think that example fits in with seo guys theory at all .... it only has 17 backlinks per yahoo ??? only 6 per google ..... i am suprised it is even indexed with that few links .... i dont mean to sound offensive .... but you must agree, that yahoo placing that page in the #3 serp for such a competitive search term .... with only 17 backlinks to its credit .... is a fine example of what is wrong with yahoo .... dont you think??

Also ... google shows 7.9 million pages for that search term .... so i think yahoo saying they are searching 34 million is just another example of yahoos inability to distinguish what is on all the web pages out there .... or to ad then up anyway ....

why do you suppose google says 34 million and yahoo shows 7.9??

From what i can see ... YAHOO is just 100% BROKEN, they can not even add up how many pages have a search term on it right .... how can they expect to do anything else??

seo guy gets the top spot with 20,000 + linnks .... calssy guys cousins ebook gets the 3rd spot with 17 links??

this is a great example of being BROKE .... OR is it intentional ....

Notice HUD is on the top line #1, they ought to be there .... everything else on the page is randomized .....

maybe ... Yahoo just NAILS the #1 spot ... then just throws the rest out in random fashion ..... so your cousins book like kinda won the lotto ....

sorry ... seo had nothing to do with that serp .... not with 17 backlinks .... random luck or a broken search engine is the ONLY two logical explinations ....
    *** Search Engine News, Jesus helps JOE BOB SEO save the whales. ***
  19. No Profile Picture
    Veteran SEOCHAT Member

You wanna know why it there?

Cause it implements old Google tactics....

I designed the site a year ago....

Implements every SEO tactic we though worked 1 year ago....

h1 tages....
    keyword in url
    percentage of keyword in page copy
    image alt keyword
    file name keyword
    links in anchor - keyword
    dmoz listing - keyword.

period - thats how it took the spot----
    Old and out dated Google SEO
  21. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

The site truly ranks well because of the copyrighted content. You could still get it to rank well without any of the mentioned in Google.

Joe Bob based upon what you are seeing would you say commerce sites might be drawing more penalties than other sites just based upon index pages?

To take it a step farther do you think sites using third party commerce solutions, let’s say Pay Pal as an example, might be penalized more often because it might be seen as dupes, over a wide variety of sites?

From what I am reading you are seeing similar things as I am but it will take me a year to figure it out.

I actually don’t think Yahoo is really too concerned about fixing anything. As long as the advertising, Site Match, and Overture revenue keeps rolling in to overcome the poor rankings there are no incentives to fix.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Veteran SEOCHAT Member

quote:
    Joe Bob based upon what you are seeing would you say commerce sites might be drawing more penalties than other sites just based upon index pages?

DEFINETLY....

THERE GOAL:
    FORCE COMMERCE INTO PAID INCLUSION...
  25. No Profile Picture
    Veteran SEOCHAT Member

QUOTE:
    The site truly ranks well because of the copyrighted content. You could still get it to rank well without any of the mentioned in Google.

SERPS DONT KNOW IT'S COPYRIGHTED DATA.....
    THEY KNOW IT'S CONTENT RICH....
    THEY KNOW IT'S UNIQUE...

FOR THAT MATTER - WHAT'S NOT COPYRIGHTED DATA?
  27. Savior of the Whales
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

hi classione ... really ... i did not mean any offense ... i know your proud of the serp ... and congratulations on winning the lottery .... but reality is what it is ... that serp is there by accident ... (or intentional randomizing) not by seo ....

you dont really think an h1 tag and 17 backlinks gets you a top serp like that do you??

outland88 ... i have no answers for yahoo yet ... we have sites doing the exact same things .... some no shows some in top spots .... THERE IS NO CONSISTENCY >>>>> .... the only conclusion i have come to about yahoo is that it is either plain old BROKE or they randomize results to mix in with some logical serp ranking algo just to make the pay per click advertising more necessary for predictable results ...

i can tell you that we cancelled our overture pay per click advertising (after being a platnum advertiser for years ) to protest the pay per click programs .... and i recommend everyone do this ..... and the next week that specific site disappeared from yahoo ..... so honestly .... i think it is not a coincidence .....

i think their deal is real simple ... SHOW ME THE MONEY .....
    think about this ....

IF EVERYONE cancelled their pay per click accounts tommorrow .... there would be NO MORE PAY PER CLICK .... just natural serps again ....

are we collectively too blinded by greed to see the solution to this problem??
  29. No Profile Picture
    Veteran SEOCHAT Member

No offence taken at all.....

I just think that everyone knows that Yahoo is acting like a old school SE right now... and there easy to minipulate...

When I made that site a year ago - it wasnt to be good looking or anything... I just wanted it to be informative and maybe get some good links...

But I did use all techniques I knew of at the time...

No lottory win though.... Too coincidental....
    If the site had no SEO to it - and it was designed by website building software for the novice - then a front page listing would be like hitting the lottery.... but a content rich page designed by an SEO researcher.... ...... more then just a freak accurance...

back about a year ago - all you needed was this:

h1 tages....
    keyword in url
    percentage of keyword in page copy
    image alt keyword
    file name keyword
    links in anchor - keyword
    title attribute - keyword
    dmoz listing - keyword.

Thats all you really needed....
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: