Thread: Lazy Slurp?

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Lazy Slurp?

My new site is up for a month now. I have been properly crawled and indexed by MSNbot (and ranking first page for my main keywords) and by GoogleBot. Slurp only nibbled on my Robots.txt 2 times and never quiete got in. Do Yahoo often are the last to crawl a site?
  3. Croatia - Hrvatska
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Do Yahoo often are the last to crawl a site?
    for me not, try to get more bL (maybe stupid advice but i do that when i don't know what to do )
  5. SEO Earthquake!
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Y! can be the last to index your site because they want you to pay for submision. You can be patient and they'll get around to it.

OR!

Set up an RSS feed and create a My Yahoo! account and submit the feed to your account. This will make Y! aware of your site and they will crawl it faster. This also works for MSN.
    14th Colony: The hardest working websites online!

Looking for links? Join the Union and don't miss English Grammar rules, tips and explanations
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by rmccarley
    Set up an RSS feed and create a My Yahoo! account and submit the feed to your account. This will make Y! aware of your site and they will crawl it faster. This also works for MSN.
    Done that in the first week the site was up. I think that's why Y! looked at my Robots.txt at the first place. But no crawls since then, not even Robots.txt hits from Y!.

Oha, and I have a TON of BL's already. I've submited to a bunch of Dir's etc... I really don't think it's the case...
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I also notice that yahoo is lazy in crawling. It's been months and still they come the least and do really fast surface crawls without venturing too far into my whole site, while all others have already crawled deep many many times.
  11. SEO Earthquake!
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Isn't it funny how people are complaining about Y! not crawling their site while Y! is out there touting how big their DB is? Oddly, they show an extra 40 pages for my site that never existed and have garbage titles. I don't wear a tinfoil hat but if I did, I'd say its almost like Y! doesn't want to know how crappy their DB is...
  13. No Profile Picture

yahoo sitemap

I saw a post here somewhere about Yahoo having a sitemap that it prefers, but I can't remember where I saw it, I think it was posted by Gary the Scuba Guy. You might want to look into that as well.
  15. <-- No I am not Kermit
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I'm not sure which is slower to arrive: getting free of the sandbox, Yahoo's indexing a site, or Christmas.

If you're doing well in MSN and G, then the best thing you can do is be patient with Y. If you really want, you can pay the $$$ to get listed in Yahoo's directory, but I'm not convinced completely that it makes a major difference in the long run.

Regarding dir BL, I'd not depend on them as many SE are devaluing them. Rather, go after regular BL from actual pages that are related/associated to your site.

Comments on this post

• rmccarley agrees : Definately getting out of the sandbox.
    SEO Tips

SEO Consulting $50/hr - IM me for details *** PayPal available
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Try the RSS feed submission to My Yahoo. It got my site crawled daily within a few weeks. However, it still didn't get me out of the sandbox (at least, that's what I blame my crappy Yahoo rankings on, whether or not it's true!).