1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Keyword density and time

hi

I have just completed a re-design (about 2 weeks ago) about a week after this i saw my position drop from around 2 to 8 for my main keywords, my links had stayed the same and so i checked my keyword density, because I had put some ads up that included loads of script my keyword density had dropped massively. I have now put the script into an external file and added a few of my keywords here and there so my main keyword is at exactly 8%. Do you think this may be too high? and how long do you think it will take msn to see my increased keyword density and put me back up again?

Thanks
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

keyword density is nothing, msn love links.. so, do more links, links, links
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

as mentioned

my links had'nt changed and I've now also checked and neither have my competions, so I would have thought that on paged optimisation was the culprite here, after my redesign my keyword density for my main terms had gone down to 1%, all of the sites that were doing better than me had a higher keyword density, so I'm now waiting for the next update to hopefuly go back up again..
  7. The Dude
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I redesigned my site recently (and cleaned the code) . THe new version is better from an SEO standpoint and from a visitors standpoint. My pages were dropped from MSN. I am confused.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think i may have been right... not wanting to count my chickens.... but... am back up there at number two for one of my three main terms.. hopefully by tommorow will be back up there for the others too..
    looks like it was the keyword density that did it.
  11. Mr. Goober Guy ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by StingPro
    I redesigned my site recently (and cleaned the code) . THe new version is better from an SEO standpoint and from a visitors standpoint. My pages were dropped from MSN. I am confused.
    That is perplexing. I assume you backed up your old site before taking the new one live? If so, it might be worth a try to upload the old site and see how MSN looks at it.

If it comes back, then it is clear MSN is not liking something in the new site and you can do some comparative analysis between the two to identify the potential culpret.

just a thought.
    Cheerios!

New to SEO? See the FAQ!

My Disclaimer:
    Don't Listen To Me - I know nothing!
  13. My first avatar here
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Well even if google is trying to vanish the link dependency on his rankings content is the still very important not only for getting rankings on one certain keyword its also important for general marketing.

I think google will try to erase that link based rankings in the future because it seem that he is trying to do that step by step.

1-First it was more about getting high pagerank links

2-Then it was more a reciprocal pagerank thing

3-Then reciprocal can work great, the more links you can find the better

5-Then 3 way links was a total waste of time the same with high pagerank links

6-Now reciprocal its a waste of time, it help but its not the best solution.

7-Present. Now oneway its the best solution there...

The way i see it google will erase this links dependency and base rankings on only text quality and relevance of a website, so the search process will be more intelligent and efficient. We will start searching for more specific and complete keywords and the results displayed will be based on quality and relevance not links or age.

And for the original post, well the less keyword density you have the more possible keywords to rank you will have.

Try to make the website readable for humans not machines because a machine will not buy your product I, or someone else may.
    Last edited by incdeveloper; Dec 2nd, 2006 at 03:01 PM.
    I am a content scrapper. If you need to obtain and process big data, pm me.
    I have a multi-threaded spider that runs on several ec2 instances.
    I have been crawling twitter, and other big guys for a while. Outputs: SQL, XML, CSV, MYSQL, TXT
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

That's exactly the point that content holders and not link buyers will be the future winners.
  17. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

But if you write content so every page is exactly 8% then you're throwing up red flags left right and center. No good to watch KW density, fuggitabootit