1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I got views in my webmaster but no clicks cud it be wrong?

Hi I checked my bing webmaster and recieved 800 views for one keyword and 300 views for another keyword but zero clicks im trying to rank for mortgage and mortgages so far im ranking in italian bing on first page but not in us bing is there anything i can do? Shu I jus ad content and build more backlinks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by joey7575
    so far im ranking in italian bing on first page but not in us bing is there anything i can do?
    Unlike Google, Bing and Yahoo rely on extra information in the source code of the page, so if you want to only rank for mortgages in the USA you would specify this in the source code of the page, and also use preferences in Bing Webmasters stating the country of preference from the drop down. It basically helps Bing understand which country of preference you would like the page located in.

Also this article from Bing gives you step by step in relation to adding this information to the source code of the pages. This also takes care of Yahoo since Bing and Yahoo have partnered.

How To Tell Bing Your Website's Country and Language - Webmaster Blog

In relation to the lack of click-through's, this could be down to poor meta descriptions and titles which doesn't entice the user to click, or due to being listing in a country with no relevance to the users in that country, although Bing is well known for reporting incorrect data relating to the webmasters on a regular basis, likewise for Google.