the #1 site has more than 100,000 incoming links
    the #2 site has more than 30,000 incoming links
    etc...

how do they get so many backlinks ?!?!

thanks,
    lior
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Beleive it or not this is not an unachievable amount. There are several methods that could help someone get that many although without knowing the site, its hard to say which one.

1.) Sitewide links - This is the most likely but despite it showing that huge number, most would be devalued
    2.) Ad Network - This would show a huge number within a short period if they have a lot of weight on the particular network they are in
    3.) Simple accumulation over time - If they have tools or content that a lot of people find valuable, they may have accumulated those naturally or have used many of the techniques that can yield one way links

Any way you look at it, it is definately possible to outrank them but it will take a bit of work. I suggest you search for Frymans "Getting Backlinks for Newbies)

Cheers
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

thanks,

p.s my sites have approx 10k back links, but eventualy thats not enough.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

do some co-op links with digital point. You can find the link in Jason's sig. It's worth. Might help you get some backlinks.
    Web Site Promotion India - Web Site Design India - Buy SiteWideLinks : $9.99 Links - PM Me if you need - Call 1.877.822.0875 for all kinds of Web Design, SEO - Link Building - Directory Submission Services.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by liory1980
    thanks,

p.s my sites have approx 10k back links, but eventualy thats not enough.
    Out of curiousity, how long did it take you to get the 10,000. Although that isn't enough to compete if the top 10 have more than that, it is encouraging that you know the building blocks. (I had thought you were asking the question having maybe only a couple hundred)

To accelerate that link growth, you have to start getting creative OR hire someone to start getting you links. Otherwise keep plugging along. If the quoted competetion are achieving those numbers with site wides, you will pass them before you know it.
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Apprentice
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

how long have people been using those ad networks for backlinks? Is that a new thing?
  13. No Profile Picture

Its not new for me but the endless substandard copies (so far) of DP's network have been popping up like crazy lately. I will give one word of warning whcih I would give no matter what technique I was advising. Be DIVERSE!

If you use one method to rank, you will always see your ranking bounce every time their is an algo adjustment. I use the network as one little piece of a puzzle but I continue using all methods even on words I am already number one. Because of this I get very few fluctuations.

I would also be sure to research anything you are planning to use and ask lots of questions! Just because someone suggests something on here (including me) doesn't mean it is guaranteed to work for you. Like anything, I believe the webmaster is ultimately responsible for their own decisions.

Cheers
  15. No Profile Picture
    SEO Apprentice

it just seems like a black hat technique to me since these sites really have no control over whether they link your site or not, and have no control over what anchor text they give you. I've heard about it, and am using it, but only on one of my smaller sites, because I'm concerned about Google's thoughts on this network.
  17. No Profile Picture

That is a valid question which means you should be careful to look closely at any network you join. THis particular one has an approval process and soon you will have the option to have only related sites displayed. It is a form of advertising with any SEO benefit coming second.

I don't believe in black hat but instead levels of risks. I monitor the ads and do audits (you can see them in the text file) to be sure there the links are quality. I will admit most don't do this but I had the same concern as you in the beginning. I believe this to be very low risk but thats something you have to establish for yourself. Out of the 1000's of members there hasn't been one report of a problem other than normal day to day variations. Shawn also makes no secret of the ad network and nothing is hidden. With the addition of related ads, I don't see how this breaks any TOS.

It is something people are using more and more so discussion on the topic is welcome. After all, someone may bring up something no one else has thought of before.

Cheers

Originally Posted by subnet_rx
    it just seems like a black hat technique to me since these sites really have no control over whether they link your site or not, and have no control over what anchor text they give you. I've heard about it, and am using it, but only on one of my smaller sites, because I'm concerned about Google's thoughts on this network.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Jasontnyc
    To accelerate that link growth, you have to start getting creative OR hire someone to start getting you links. Otherwise keep plugging along. If the quoted competetion are achieving those numbers with site wides, you will pass them before you know it.
    im very creative, thats why im standing on 14,200 bl for one site, 12,100 on another and 8,210 on another.
    it took me 4 weeks to get a little bit more than 2500 bl,

but since i wrote this topic, you can probably understand that 8k , 12k and even 14k just not enough to get me to the #1 place
    im working on serveral projects in order to boost my BL to 100k , but thats not easy
    and it would help knowing how others do it so easly.

when i first started seo ( year ago ) i spammed all the time, got up to 10k, but thats worth nothing
    because they went to 1k in 2 - 3 months, and i can't spam all day everyday ( i have other things on my mind )

now im using other techniques to boost my sites, much faster and much more reliable than spamming.
    Last edited by liory1980; Jan 11th, 2005 at 12:18 AM.
  21. Contributing User

Best to always think long term. Links that will be gone in a few months aren't worth the effort.

Visit the most comprehensive Las Vegas Real Estate, Las Vegas Golf Homes, Las Vegas High Rise Condos and Las Vegas Homes website online.
  23. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Crichey
    Best to always think long term. Links that will be gone in a few months aren't worth the effort.
    I believe you need to have both a long term and short term strategy. Although the links are transient, because they are rotated, The net amount of links will not be gone in a few months because any that Google drops from the backlink count will be replaced with others. As far as the amount of time concerned, I spent 5 minutes when I first set it up. My other links I have probably spent hundreds if not thousands of hours developing.

I would guess that my coop links account for about 15% of my total links. If they were 100% then I would see a problem (Kind of like investing all your money in one stock rather than a mutual fund)