1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How to do SEO for Bing

Hi there,

I am working for several SEO projects for multiple sites, Mostly i am targeting Google ranking. I haven't enough knowledge about ranking on Bing. Please help me about it.
    Suppose I just created a website, Now i want to get it on Bing Top 10. how many steps i need to passed? also, i need to know the important tips that i must to follow.
    I hope someone of us will help me with short and clear steps.

Comments on this post

• wazeela111 agrees : Hi... Thanks for the post
    Last edited by emizrglobal; Dec 23rd, 2012 at 03:47 AM.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Do some research on "How much Traffic you can get from Bing", the answer will not encourage you to optimize a website for bing - I am sure about that. Still if it is customer's requirement (I guess this the reason why you are looking for bing optimization) - then my suggestion is concentrate on what you are doing for Google. Those factors will help you to rank in other search engines too.

Comments on this post

• salcapolupo agrees : great and useful answer :)
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by new_seo
    Do some research on "How much Traffic you can get from Bing", the answer will not encourage you to optimize a website for bing
    I'll disagree with this - overall numbers may be lower but look closer. On many sites I've seen much higher conversion rates from Bing and Yahoo than Google - so fewer visitors but higher quality.

SEO for Bing and Google are becoming increasingly similar - do it for Google and you do it for Bing.

Comments on this post

• SEO_AM agrees : I do for Google but also get good results for Bing. Bing is supplier to Yahoo. Focus on Google.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by new_seo
    Do some research on "How much Traffic you can get from Bing", the answer will not encourage you to optimize a website for bing
    I'll disagree with this - overall numbers may be lower but look closer. On many sites I've seen much higher conversion rates from Bing and Yahoo than Google - so fewer visitors but higher quality.

SEO for Bing and Google are becoming increasingly similar - do it for Google and you do it for Bing.
  9. No Profile Picture

I'd say, for SEO for bing just do what you did for google about 1 year ago. It's a pretty solid tactic, imho. Yahoo/Bing are lagging behind google.

Comments on this post

• expensetracker agrees
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Doodled, this is what my experience - I should mention that in my post. I also mentioned that concentrate on Google; you will be in Bing also.
  13. No Profile Picture

I think if you have a solid SEO foundation you will rank in bing to. One thing I have noticed with my bing and google rankings is that I would rank high for one keyword term in one and low for the same in the other. Not sure how to explain it but I have seen it happen over several sites.
  15. Contributing User

Content marketing and inbound marketing are the best two methods for getting quality links and visitors. I think this two processes will rank your targeted keywords automatically in all three major search engines. If you are generating quality content on daily basis and your content has been liked by more users, then you definitely rank in all search engines.
    Last edited by John325; Jul 18th, 2013 at 01:54 AM.
  17. No Profile Picture

Hi All. I have just joined this forum and this is my first post. I run a website for a travel company that performs reasonably well for target search terms on google (page 1 for our key search terms), that has been active for over 12 months. I have set up a webmaster account on Bing, submitted the required sitemap, and done everything that I think I need to do... however the site is not performing AT ALL for search terms on either Yahoo or Bing. This is nothing new - it has never performed on these sites - but nothing seems to change this and I don't know what to do.

I am only getting traffic from google also.

Is this normal? I can't see a penalty on my site anywhere, but am completely lost as to what to do to improve this.

thanks
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Honestly, it seems like Bing likes more keyword density then Google. We run ranking reports for Google, Bing and Yahoo, and the sites that have a higher keyword density always seem to go better in Bing and Yahoo, then in Google. In some cases its much better, like 3 to 1 ratio. Its a bit harder to find info on Bing updates that are trustworthy.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by St Louis SEO
    Honestly, it seems like Bing likes more keyword density then Google. We run ranking reports for Google, Bing and Yahoo, and the sites that have a higher keyword density always seem to go better in Bing and Yahoo, then in Google. In some cases its much better, like 3 to 1 ratio. Its a bit harder to find info on Bing updates that are trustworthy.
    Sorry, wanted to add that you can see the results of what I am trying to say, if you look at the amount of bolded keywords in the title, and meta in Bing search results, vs in Google search results. Bing seems to take in much more info, wheras Google only bolds a few.
  23. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You don't have to build spammy links to rank in Bing.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo