1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Forum overtook Main Site??

I was ranking #1 for 2 of my keywords in MSN for a few weeks for my site with the forum associated with my site also showing up on the first place. Eventually my forum moved to #1 and my mainpage was listed underneath it (indented). Now all of a sudden my forum has taken the #1 spot and I can't even find my main page in the Serps. What's the deal? I have noticed that MSN shows alot of the forum links and seems to like the dynamic pages, but my main page has alot more backlinks from various sites, my forum only has a few. It seems like the only want to list one url for a domain but I'm still not sure why they wold go with the forum. Plus my forum is just getting started so it's not lke there is alot of new content be generated. I was getting most of my traffic from MSN as I don't rank well at all in Google or Yahoo but over the last few days my traffic has dropped which is when I noticed that my forum had taken over the #1 spot. Anyway to correct this?

Carrie
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

i understood according to your explanation that the forum has got some good search engine friendly content and morelinks where it can keep the bots busy.

If i am not worng, i guess that you are using http://domain.com/forum/ and not http://forum.domain.com
    is that right?

And if you are really using /forum/ better change it to a subdomain if possible and you can get seperate results for the domain name and the forum too.

Good Luck.