1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Domain Age Vs Link Age - Domain Purchase Needed?

While researching optimization for my own site, I have been looking into the Industry(Loans) Competitors within Google.

Looking at the top 50 listings under the phrase "secured loans", it becomes apparent that domain age is one of the key factors within rankings;

Page 1 - 6 Years 7 Months
    Page 2 - 5 Years 4 Months
    Page 3 - 5 Years 2 Months
    Page 4 - 5 Years 6 Months
    Page 5 - 3 Years 9 Months

Now obviously the older the domain is, the older the inbound links will likely to be. But, there have been a number of examples, where a companies have purchased an older domain name and actively pushed the link building within the last 12-18 months, with first page results.

Therefore this indicate that, there is a need to replace my 6 month old domain, with an older purchase.

Does anyone else have experience with buying older domain names for ranking gain?

Franco1977
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by Franco1977
    While researching optimization for my own site, I have been looking into the Industry(Loans) Competitors within Google.

Looking at the top 50 listings under the phrase "secured loans", it becomes apparent that domain age is one of the key factors within rankings;

Page 1 - 6 Years 7 Months
    Page 2 - 5 Years 4 Months
    Page 3 - 5 Years 2 Months
    Page 4 - 5 Years 6 Months
    Page 5 - 3 Years 9 Months

Now obviously the older the domain is, the older the inbound links will likely to be. But, there have been a number of examples, where a companies have purchased an older domain name and actively pushed the link building within the last 12-18 months, with first page results.

Therefore this indicate that, there is a need to replace my 6 month old domain, with an older purchase.

Does anyone else have experience with buying older domain names for ranking gain?

Franco1977
    A while ago EGOL pondered over the building of a website or buying one... he chose the latter.

There are enormous advantages to "buying in" (you pointed a few) and the only downside is one of appreciating "cost to puchase" vs. "cost to develop from stratch".

Either way - it costs - the only thing to wrap your head around is "what is more valuable to you? Your time (taking lackluster performance to success) or your money (taking someone elses success and making it your own).
  5. No Profile Picture

Buying expired domains works pretty well for me.
    Some even have old links pointing to them (make sure they come from good neighborhoods though) but these are a little more difficult to obtain.

You might want to try going to pool.com which is a pretty cool site and find domains that are being deleted.

Coqui
  7. water buffaloo
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I confirm that also in my experience they work just fine, and often really good. It can take a while to catch the right one (isn't it the same with a woman???) especially in the adult, travel, insurance and loan domains. It's incredible also how many of them are listed in Yahoo and Dmoz. Catch the right one and you will save a lot of time. And even with a ****ty one, you still get the spiders at your door in a matter of hours, and the (new) site indexed in a few days.
  9. No Profile Picture

Hi all

I have a site related to kitchen appliance running on linux server (Dynamic site). The problem is if any page index in google that disappears in few days or after next crawling. Please tell me the solution.

Thanking You,
    in advance
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by sumit.seo
    Hi all

I have a site related to kitchen appliance running on linux server (Dynamic site). The problem is if any page index in google that disappears in few days or after next crawling. Please tell me the solution.

Thanking You,
    in advance
    Try to get some quality and relevant back links.That can help you to get the stability in Search Engine.