1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Bing Sitemap Submission Problems

I've been trying to submit my xml sitemap to Bing Webmaster Tools for the past couple years and had little success. My sitemap contains over 89k URLs, but for some reason the Pages Crawled is 23k and the Pages Indexed is about 400 pages?

I know my website is an HTTPS website. Do you think this could be the problem on why Bing will not crawl or Index more pages of my website?
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by rexjoec
    I've been trying to submit my xml sitemap to Bing Webmaster Tools for the past couple years and had little success. My sitemap contains over 89k URLs, but for some reason the Pages Crawled is 23k and the Pages Indexed is about 400 pages?

I know my website is an HTTPS website. Do you think this could be the problem on why Bing will not crawl or Index more pages of my website?

Update 8/19/2014:
    Someone suggested that Bing is only indexing pages that have backlinks? Do you think that this is the reason why only 400 out of 89k web pages are indexed? My back links from GWT are showing around 400 backlinks to my website.
  5. No Profile Picture

One more thing, when using the Bing SEO Analyzer....when I analyze one of the URLs that are showing up in Google Index, but not Bing it gives an error message:

"Evaluated size of HTML is estimated to be over 125 KB and risks not being fully cached."

Could this be one of the reasons why Bing isn't indexing most of the web pages?
  7. No Profile Picture

Here is what I discovered so far about the pages:
    • We do have limitations on what search engines can crawl the website in the robots.txt file, but Bingbot and msnbot are not being blocked in the robot.txt file.
    • The on page meta tags include:
    • <meta name="Robots" content="INDEX,FOLLOW" /><meta name="Revisit-after" content="7 Days" />
    • The website is an https website.
    • Since there are so many pages, the sitemap is broken into multiple sitemaps and submitted to bing.
    • The pages have back links going to them. Not many, but the pages that do have back links are not showing up in Bing's Index.
    • Here is what I see when I do a Bing Fetch: HTTP/1.1 200 OKConnection: Keep-AliveDate: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 19:07:52 GMTKeep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100Transfer-Encoding: chunkedContent-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8Content-Encoding: gzipContent-Language: en,en-usServer: Oracle-Application-Server-11gSet-Cookie: ShopMarketingTracking=SM-1410203272764_207.46.13.51_Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; bingbot/2.0; +http://www.bing.com/bingbot.htm); expires=Tue, 08-Sep-2015 19:07:53 GMTSet-Cookie: JSESSIONID=qiVWqkfIngFBROEtFB9WOsi99wi3laK-Cpo2SqLo4UA5ETdSP7Br!-1482754256; path=/; HttpOnlySet-Cookie: BIGipServerpool.pw_web_carwize_8360=168578314.4023 4.0000; path=/Vary: User-Agent,Accept-EncodingX-Powered-By: Servlet/2.5 JSP/2.1
    • Google is able to index all our pages. Why can't Bing? Does Bing follow different guidelines than Google?

If anyone can give my some suggestions or clues on why Bing is having a hard time indexing the pages of this website, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks!
  9. No Profile Picture

nice information