Thread: Any thoughts

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Any thoughts

I was wondering if any one had any thoughts how this site ranks so well on yahoo.

bankruptcy-information-online*com

They are ranked #5 for our main keyword bankruptcy

They have no content, their home and contact us button donít even go anywhere.

According to marketleap they have 11 google, 285 msn, and 276 yahoo back links.

Our site bankruptcyhome*com goes from #50 - #70 on yahoo and we have content for days.

1600 google, 5692 msn, 553,000 yahoo

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Update: must have just been a blurp, they're no where to be seen now.
    Last edited by BobDole; Apr 28th, 2005 at 08:17 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture

My thoughts:

You have sitewides which don't do to well in Yahoo, IMO. My guess is you do alright in Google? CHeck out quotemonster*com for keyword: "health insurance quotes" in google and yahoo and then check the back links, you will see what I'm talking about.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Google is playing with me
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

your Keyword Density for bankruptcy is way too high(13%). My keyword density was 12% and was in the 700's . i changed it to 6 % and now i am in the top 30.
  7. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the advice. I will work on that today and see how well it works for us.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ever since my inclusion in dmoz I've gotten a bit of a boost in rankings, but my most sought after keyword phrase is just: earrings, and I'm stuck at #41-#43, with somedays going all to way down to the 107 spot and everynow and then ill see someone came to my sight from the first page of those results (#1-10, but havent seen it yet myself as they change so quickly). Ive been trying to tweak my site, but in the past month havent gotten yahoo to budge. any advice on how to get my site (myusername*com) to the first page for this search?
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by FabSquad
    Ever since my inclusion in dmoz I've gotten a bit of a boost in rankings, but my most sought after keyword phrase is just: earrings, and I'm stuck at #41-#43, with somedays going all to way down to the 107 spot and everynow and then ill see someone came to my sight from the first page of those results (#1-10, but havent seen it yet myself as they change so quickly). Ive been trying to tweak my site, but in the past month havent gotten yahoo to budge. any advice on how to get my site (myusername*com) to the first page for this search?
    1. Get more backlinks from themed websites with earrings as your anchor text. Right now it appears that you have not that many links and many of those that you do have come from different forums (including this one LOL)
    2. Your title and description are virtually the same. Title IMO should be the most important part of on-page optimization. It must be very catchy and represent what your company is all about. Currently is is very long and the word earrings appears way too many times. Id make it something like: fabsquad.com - Disounted Designer Earrings and Handmade Beaded Jewelry
    3. Your description also is not very pretty. Again word earrings is everywhere you look. Make it as useful to your potential visitor as possible. Possible example: Unique collection of handmade and handcrafted designer beaded jewlry and earrings. Wholesale prices and free shipping on every purchase.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." -- Albert Einstein
    Travel Affiliate Program
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by faremax
    1. Get more backlinks from themed websites with earrings as your anchor text. Right now it appears that you have not that many links and many of those that you do have come from different forums (including this one LOL)
    2. Your title and description are virtually the same. Title IMO should be the most important part of on-page optimization. It must be very catchy and represent what your company is all about. Currently is is very long and the word earrings appears way too many times. Id make it something like: fabsquad.com - Disounted Designer Earrings and Handmade Beaded Jewelry
    3. Your description also is not very pretty. Again word earrings is everywhere you look. Make it as useful to your potential visitor as possible. Possible example: Unique collection of handmade and handcrafted designer beaded jewlry and earrings. Wholesale prices and free shipping on every purchase.
    Thanks for the advice, I have changed the title somewhat but am hesitant to change it to not include both dangle&chandelier since Im tops in Y for those two kws phrases. I'll work on the links, although ive been trying not to add very many each week as to not set off G. any other thoughts are appreciated on how to tweak my site to the first page of Y for the biggest kw in my cat.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

keyword density guide

Originally Posted by ptdirect
    your Keyword Density for bankruptcy is way too high(13%). My keyword density was 12% and was in the 700's . i changed it to 6 % and now i am in the top 30.
    a seo newbie here wants to ask what's the ideal density of main keywords percentage?
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

>a seo newbie here wants to ask what's the ideal density of main keywords percentage?

no such thing
    http://www.e-marketing-news.co.uk/Mar05/garcia.html