Thread: Chinese website

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Chinese website

Hi, I have website I want translating into chinese - don't know how to best optimise for Chinese market - should I host it overseas on Chinese servers for best SEO results? Anyone any experience with this>?Z
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by zarmen
    Hi, I have website I want translating into chinese - don't know how to best optimise for Chinese market - should I host it overseas on Chinese servers for best SEO results? Anyone any experience with this>?Z
    You would be advised to host it in China, and mainland China. You probably have heard of the Great Firewall that filters websites hosted outside China...

In terms of SEO, for Baidu is not much different from for Google. The site design concept in China is quite different from western countries, sometimes a direct translation may not be the best way to go.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

THanks - if you know of any UK based experts with experience of websites in India, China, I would be interested to know. From hosting, development and SEO perspectives.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You probably don't need it hosted in China. In most cases, it's more hassle than it's worth. Of course, I don't know anything about the site so I could be wrong...

What is the website URL?
  9. No Profile Picture

I am from china.
    I do not know why you want to put your website in china。
    People like me all want to put our websites in Us or Canada because there are so many things that make you crazy。
    If you want to put your site in china ,you can talk with me.I am very glad to help you.As one friend say"The site design concept in China is quite different from western countries, sometimes a direct translation may not be the best way to go. " ,it is right!
    <snip>
    Last edited by ClickyB; Apr 19th, 2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: removed email address from post (use your profile and read the rules plz)
  11. No Profile Picture

Oh..I'm from Cambodia, i have got the same problem like you.
  13. Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by charliefu
    My name is charlie ,chinese,My Major is japanese.
    I can do 3 language website and SEO.

Now i do google(baidu) seo for many site.

I hope to help you.
    I also want to launch a site in Chinese and don't know from where i can do it. If you are interested in this then give me rates about it.
  15. Cool bra. Go with Christ!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by Jessica Johns
    I also want to launch a site in Chinese and don't know from where i can do it. If you are interested in this then give me rates about it.
    Note to all users

If you wish to offer services to Jessica (or any of the above), please use the PM facility; don't spam your services in an open thread (against the rules)!
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume".. Egol 22nd Feb 2008
    New to SEO/SeoChat?...Click Here
    Canonical Problems?... Click Here
    Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
  17. No Profile Picture

It's a good idea

It's a good idea, then the chinese uses can access your site quickly,but I advise you should design your site again, Chinese people may don't like our style.
  19. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ahuoo
    It's a good idea, then the chinese uses can access your site quickly,but I advise you should design your site again, Chinese people may don't like our style.
    how you know what style you should make?
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by brown1233
    how you know what style you should make?
    Because I am chinese , In China, you will find the sites are full of many pictures. The place of button in site also have some differents. many many, you can discover them if carefully compare.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

you should choose hosting from china and also make the website in chinese language
    it will help you optimize your website for china people
  25. No Profile Picture

In many cases, there are many different languages ​​Chinese way, if we only rely on translation software, or any other way to live the translation, then there will be many different syntax, like Chinese translation into English the same reason.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, I suggest you get your website hosted in China for Baidu is much more friendly to those website hosted in China
  29. No Profile Picture

1. The web server of China's best rent, and do the ICP record. China for network management is very strict. This to your web site visit of speed is a great improve, improve the user experience. In addition to do in China electronic commerce environment is not the maturity of Europe and the United States, the people's general mistrust, so a new sites (such as B2C, enterprise stand except) could attract the attention of the user

2. About translation software directly translated: the things you can do website frame, the background, and then entrust or outsourcing to Chinese counterparts to fill, perfect

3. The problem about baidu seo: you can be in accordance with the Google seo techniques, just released in the chain, you have to find Chinese web sites to send. Baidu has his own website weight algorithm, the ranking algorithm, the snapshot updating algorithm (baidu snapshots are always our Chinese seo concern, because its update not regularly, manual intervention much), and so on

4. Websites trading: the popular use pay treasure payment, RMB settlement.

<snip>
    Last edited by ClickyB; Dec 9th, 2011 at 04:30 AM. Reason: removed self-promo (against the rules)