1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Cannot get META Title to Change

I have a META Title of

<title>"Stock-Signal.com | The Expertise of an Investment Manager Without the Price."</title>

on my site header.php page, but I cannot get it to reflect anything other that "Stock-Signal.com" as the title in Google or various Metatag analyzers.

Anyone got any ideas what I need to change? Thanks.
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Your home page shows 'Stock Signal.com' as your home page title.
    Where are you making this change?
    Also the title your trying to change to is really poor.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    Your home page shows 'Stock Signal.com' as your home page title.
    Where are you making this change?
    Also the title your trying to change to is really poor.
    Thanks for your reply Test-ok. I am making this change to the top of the header page in the edit theme pages for Wordpress. I am not a web or SEO guy so excuse the terminology if wrong.

I was able to change the description and key words here and see the change in Google or SEO checker programs, however, I cannot seem to get my title to change. I am also getting a warning via the SEO checker sites that it is reading multiple META tags, but I cannot find them anywhere else.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  7. Jennifer Linnuste

Originally Posted by jdiercks
    I have a META Title of

<title>"Stock-Signal.com | The Expertise of an Investment Manager Without the Price."</title>

on my site header.php page, but I cannot get it to reflect anything other that "Stock-Signal.com" as the title in Google or various Metatag analyzers.

Anyone got any ideas what I need to change? Thanks.
    If you are in the Editor section make sure that the files are writable, do you see this message on the editor page?

"You need to make this file writable before you can save your changes. See the Codex for more information."

Do you have the All in One SEO Plugin? If so you can change your title there as well.
  9. SEO Since 97

Yea, get the SEO plug-in.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by SEOhostingcouk
    If you are in the Editor section make sure that the files are writable, do you see this message on the editor page?

"You need to make this file writable before you can save your changes. See the Codex for more information."

Do you have the All in One SEO Plugin? If so you can change your title there as well.
    Thanks for the ideas. I do have All in One SEO and changed the title there for the home page, but it did not change the Google search title / site title.

I have also have a write enabled Wordpress Editor or Codex. I can see the changes and they are saved. Some changes to the description are immediate reflected in a Google site listing, but not title changes. The former developer did so much with PHP that sometimes simple things are hard to do, like change a title. I am not a PHP expert by any means.

Thanks for your help.
  13. Jennifer Linnuste

Originally Posted by jdiercks
    Thanks for the ideas. I do have All in One SEO and changed the title there for the home page, but it did not change the Google search title / site title.

I have also have a write enabled Wordpress Editor or Codex. I can see the changes and they are saved. Some changes to the description are immediate reflected in a Google site listing, but not title changes. The former developer did so much with PHP that sometimes simple things are hard to do, like change a title. I am not a PHP expert by any means.

Thanks for your help.
    Strange, in your source code it does not show as changed either so apparently it is not taking it when you update the plugin or .php file....in all the tools I have looked into your title is only showing Stock Signal.com so it is not just Google that is not picking it up as no tool is either.

<!doctype html>
    <html class="no-js">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" >
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
    <title>Stock Signal.com</title>
  15. SEO Since 97

Your doing something wrong. Your not changing your site title are you? (which goes on every page) not being a WP guru, but try clicking on the 'all pages' link and then on the different pages, thats where I edit the different page titles...I think the site title is then appended to the page titles.
    If that's wrong one of these WP pros will hopefully pop in.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

First of all i hope the quotes you added just for us because there is no reason to include quotes on a live site:

Should be like this:
    <title>Stock-Signal.com | The Expertise of an Investment Manager Without the Price.</title>

Also, try adding this line to your head part of the html next to the other meta tags:
    <meta name="robots" content="NOODP,NOYDIR" />

(that's the short answer but there are more ways to fix this)
  19. SEO Insultant

Is this really about the ask.com search engine?