#1
  1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    www.brainjava.com
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    14

    Webalizer & Google Analytics - Reports are not matching


    Hi,

    My site is www.brainjava.com

    I am running Weblizer and Google Analytics in my site. When i compared the results of both, i could see huge difference between 2 software reports. I am confused which one is correct.

    Google Analytics:
    283 Visits
    2.15 Pages/Visit
    60.42% Bounce Rate
    609 Pageviews
    00:05:02 Avg. Time on Site
    82.33% % New Visits

    Weblizer:
    16512 Visits
    56441 Pages
    72592 Files
    78974 Hits

    The reports for from July 1 - July 31.

    Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

    Thanks.

    Regards,
    Dongan
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    9,689
    Rep Power
    2482
    Maybe Webalizer is including spiders and robots. See if the volume agrees for the search engines.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  4. #3
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    www.brainjava.com
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    14
    Originally Posted by EGOL
    Maybe Webalizer is including spiders and robots. See if the volume agrees for the search engines.
    Thank you.

    Where i can refer it (volume agrees for the search engines).

    I am sorry for being dump.

    Regards,
    Dongan
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    9,689
    Rep Power
    2482
    You are learning. That's great. Also, good for you to be running two types of analytics and trying to understand them.

    I know a lot of people who would be running Webalizer without the knowledge that their stats are inflated.
  8. #5
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    www.brainjava.com
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    14
    Originally Posted by EGOL
    You are learning. That's great. Also, good for you to be running two types of analytics and trying to understand them.

    I know a lot of people who would be running Webalizer without the knowledge that their stats are inflated.
    Thank you so much for your encouragement. Will try to match both results and learn more.

    Regards,
    Dongan
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    9,689
    Rep Power
    2482
    I am willing to bet big money that most people who post here concern themselves primarily with SEO and rankings and are not paying attention to what visitors do on their website. Since you are paying attention to these things you will have an enormous advantage - because Google is thought by many to be paying attention to what people do on your site and using that to influence rankings. Also, it can often be easier to double your income by increasing your conversion rate than doubling your income by producing more traffic (which is often lower quality).

    Keep working, I am willing to bet that you will do well.
  12. #7
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    www.brainjava.com
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    14
    Originally Posted by EGOL
    I am willing to bet big money that most people who post here concern themselves primarily with SEO and rankings and are not paying attention to what visitors do on their website. Since you are paying attention to these things you will have an enormous advantage - because Google is thought by many to be paying attention to what people do on your site and using that to influence rankings. Also, it can often be easier to double your income by increasing your conversion rate than doubling your income by producing more traffic (which is often lower quality).

    Keep working, I am willing to bet that you will do well.
    Yes. That's true. That's why i am trying to build a strong community with lots of news, articles, tips.

    Let's see how good i am in 6 months of time.

Similar Threads

  1. Questions about Google Analytics
    By KAMaster in forum Analytics Analysis
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 16th, 2007, 09:40 PM
  2. Differences between Google Analytics and Google Adwords
    By furma in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 28th, 2006, 02:17 AM
  3. Google Analytics
    By jason_sot in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 15th, 2005, 03:03 PM
  4. Article: new Google feature called Google Suggest
    By dirtdog1960 in forum SEO Chat Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 12th, 2004, 01:09 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo