Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
    #1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Traffic Sources / SEO / Landing Pages


    Question:

    My Google Analytics account shows 0 impressions and 0 clicks over the last 5 days for "Search Engine Optimization Landing Page results".

    Is there a delay for this info?

    Thanks
  2. #2
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,620
    Rep Power
    1952
    Originally Posted by fgatlin
    Question:

    My Google Analytics account shows 0 impressions and 0 clicks over the last 5 days for "Search Engine Optimization Landing Page results".

    Is there a delay for this info?

    Thanks
    There are no delays. Google Analytics is rather instant.

    Comments on this post

    • DMN Webmaster agrees : But you can't get todays data today, you have to wait till tomorrow for today's data.
    www.joshz.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email josh@joshz.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    I kind of figured that.

    I am getting traffic from search queries (organic) as we speak, it is just not showing on the SEO tab.

    Thank you for your answer.
  6. #4
  7. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    @ Poker table behind a big stack
    Posts
    1,412
    Rep Power
    895
    Originally Posted by joshz
    There are no delays. Google Analytics is rather instant.
    Some of analytics is instant, most of it is not.
    Frankly, I wonder who Frank is and why he has his own adverb.
  8. #5
  9. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,620
    Rep Power
    1952
    Originally Posted by JBacchi
    Some of analytics is instant, most of it is not.
    It depends on your tools and account level.

    Enterprise Analytics shows current user count and provides real life data.

    DMN Webmaster agrees: But you can't get todays data today, you have to wait till tomorrow for today's data.
    Incorrect. You simply need to extend the data tables to the current day and you will see visit and analytical data of the same day. You do not need to wait until the next day - that's just when the graph/table updates its self.
  10. #6
  11. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    @ Poker table behind a big stack
    Posts
    1,412
    Rep Power
    895
    Originally Posted by joshz
    Incorrect. You simply need to extend the data tables to the current day and you will see visit and analytical data of the same day. You do not need to wait until the next day - that's just when the graph/table updates its self.
    Even though you can extend the data and see the current day's data, the data shown is not "of that instant." It can be many hours behind actual data. To prove it, just check the data several times over a couple of hours and you will see the data does not change.
  12. #7
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    343
    Originally Posted by JBacchi
    Even though you can extend the data and see the current day's data, the data shown is not "of that instant." It can be many hours behind actual data. To prove it, just check the data several times over a couple of hours and you will see the data does not change.
    And at midnight (SEOChat can be addictive) when it 'moves on' a day, the day you just finished can still change data for at least a few hours.

    Comments on this post

    • JBacchi agrees : Yep, I see it change all the way until 2 am the following day. Not sure what GMT G uses.
  14. #8
  15. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,620
    Rep Power
    1952
    Originally Posted by JBacchi
    Even though you can extend the data and see the current day's data, the data shown is not "of that instant." It can be many hours behind actual data. To prove it, just check the data several times over a couple of hours and you will see the data does not change.
    Step your game up, son!

    http://www.google.com/analytics/feat...sis-tools.html

    Comments on this post

    • Belfast agrees : What a cool little toy (never seen that before - thanks!) but my stats are still 'late' on the main graph.
  16. #9
  17. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    @ Poker table behind a big stack
    Posts
    1,412
    Rep Power
    895
    Originally Posted by joshz
    Step your game up, son!

    Real time is instant, but those are not totals or cumulative for a day.

    Also, I've seen real time that is wrong. Long after I leave a page on my site, it shows I'm still there.

    Which brings up a point, I've tried many times to block my IP address from being counted. That doesn't seem to work either. Has anyone had any luck blocking their IP from showing up in the stats?

    Comments on this post

    • Belfast agrees : No, tried it too some time ago - but I honestly reckon joshz will know!
  18. #10
  19. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,620
    Rep Power
    1952
    Originally Posted by JBacchi
    Real time is instant, but those are not totals or cumulative for a day.

    Also, I've seen real time that is wrong. Long after I leave a page on my site, it shows I'm still there.

    Which brings up a point, I've tried many times to block my IP address from being counted. That doesn't seem to work either. Has anyone had any luck blocking their IP from showing up in the stats?
    I just refreshed my GA and it does show a reflective change from the past 1 hour, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

    But, no. I don't know how to block and IP. I never really played with it to be honest.

    BUT, it looks super easy: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...ng/RScsNtjpY-s
    Last edited by joshz; Sep 7th, 2012 at 09:30 AM.
  20. #11
  21. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    @ Poker table behind a big stack
    Posts
    1,412
    Rep Power
    895
    Originally Posted by joshz
    I just refreshed my GA and it does show a reflective change from the past 1 hour, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

    But, no. I don't know how to block and IP. I never really played with it to be honest.

    BUT, it looks super easy: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...ng/RScsNtjpY-s
    No point in arguing any more about it. GA isn't instant other than the real time stats.

    Anyway, blocking an IP looks and is easy—it just doesn't work.
  22. #12
  23. Here to help
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Zebulon, North Carolina USA
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    406
    Originally Posted by JBacchi
    Which brings up a point, I've tried many times to block my IP address from being counted. That doesn't seem to work either. Has anyone had any luck blocking their IP from showing up in the stats?
    Specifically who or what do you want to block?

    If you're talking about a crawler, I just need to know which crawler / spider, I will provide you with the code.

    I know you're not talking about G, B, or Y search engines. So it has to something like webutation or statsieweb.

    Consider it one of the ways I pay the forum back for useful information. ( A lot of debt has built up ! )
    Here to Help, Nothing More.....
    Good SEO isn't Cheap and Cheap SEO isn't Good !!
  24. #13
  25. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    @ Poker table behind a big stack
    Posts
    1,412
    Rep Power
    895
    Originally Posted by DMN Webmaster
    Specifically who or what do you want to block?

    If you're talking about a crawler, I just need to know which crawler / spider, I will provide you with the code.

    I know you're not talking about G, B, or Y search engines. So it has to something like webutation or statsieweb.

    Consider it one of the ways I pay the forum back for useful information. ( A lot of debt has built up ! )
    Because of working on my site and client's sites, I don't want my IP address to show up in the stats in Google Analytics. So I want to block my IP address (as well as the client's IP addresses) so our visits don't skew GA.

    GA has a place you can enter IPs you want to block (Joshz probably referenced that link above) but it doesn't work. Wondering if someone, like you , knows a way to block IPs from GA stats.
  26. #14
  27. Here to help
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Zebulon, North Carolina USA
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    406
    Originally Posted by JBacchi
    Because of working on my site and client's sites, I don't want my IP address to show up in the stats in Google Analytics. So I want to block my IP address (as well as the client's IP addresses) so our visits don't skew GA.

    GA has a place you can enter IPs you want to block (Joshz probably referenced that link above) but it doesn't work. Wondering if someone, like you , knows a way to block IPs from GA stats.
    I have done this using php, asp/asp.net. I think I can whip up a working java version in short order. Let me work on it a little while and I will post it for you.

    You would have to include this on every page with analytics.
  28. #15
  29. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    @ Poker table behind a big stack
    Posts
    1,412
    Rep Power
    895
    Originally Posted by DMN Webmaster
    You would have to include this on every page with analytics.
    That's easy with WP site, but not sure how it will work for Magento. Maybe I can figure it out. Magento not so friendly with messin' with their code.

    Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

Similar Threads

  1. Main sources of traffic
    By linkstraffic in forum Other Engines
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Nov 13th, 2007, 01:12 PM
  2. Landing Pages to get indexed in Google????
    By peterson in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sep 25th, 2006, 05:26 AM
  3. Tricking Google Search Results Using Doorway Pages!!!
    By Jamesraz in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jun 14th, 2006, 04:22 AM
  4. Landing pages based on keywords
    By fear.acid.news in forum SEO Help (General Chat)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Mar 6th, 2006, 10:37 AM
  5. Driving traffic to search result pages
    By 1EightT in forum SEO Help (General Chat)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 19th, 2004, 02:20 PM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo