1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Tracking code needed OR not needed?

Ok so we are easily able see and track our sites in Google Analytics. We have Yoast Premium plugin. We did NOT use the Google tracking code.

I get so confused. Do you need to put the tracking code on each page of the site that you want track?

Or just by connecting the site to the Google Search Console are you done?

Thanks for any help.
  3. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You must also add the code to your site. I can't remember if Yoast has an option for that, but SEO Ultimate has a code inserter included. You can also download plugins that will automatically add the code.

Comments on this post

• bryanbloom agrees : Thanks!!!
  5. Contributing User

Originally Posted by DirectHits
    You must also add the code to your site. I can't remember if Yoast has an option for that, but SEO Ultimate has a code inserter included. You can also download plugins that will automatically add the code.
    Thank you... Here is the odd thing.. We use Yoast Premium and within the plugin you connect to Search Console and I am guess that that is the step that grabs the code... the reason I say that is we never copied the code over YET it appears on the pages of the site... thanks for answering..

My guess is that the code was put there by Yoast and I will have to ask them about that.
  7. Professional SEO

Well that explains why you are able to track your site in analytics. I wasn't certain you were talking about the site in question or another. But you can always check to see if the code is on the page yourself. Right click on the Home page and go to View Source. There is also a Chrome plugin that checks analytics code.
  9. Contributing User

I feel like a total putz but finally figured it out. Yoast does NOT do any thing like this, they said check theme or plugin. Turns out with X Theme (which I use) it comes with a plugin that you give your tracking code to, and it takes it from there. Makes total sense now and makes me feel pretty dumb. At least I figured it out once and for all. Thanks for responding. Much appreciated.
  11. Professional SEO

Good job figuring it out.