1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is it possible to have more than 1 Visitor IP filter with Regex expression for IP ran

I have created several profiles for my company's domain. One of them is to report internal usage. Because the company owns 8 plants with a different IP address range for each one, and because GA Filters are limited to 255 characters, I have created 8 filters (one for each plant) in this profile.
    The problem is that no data have been collected and reported yet (filters were created 1 week ago).

Here is a typical filter I created:

Custom Filter > Include > Filter Field: Visitor IP Address > ^206\.162\.161\.([1-9]|[1-2][0-9]|30)$ > Case Sensitive : No

The weird thing is that I use the same expression for tracking external traffic excluding those IP address in another profile, and data has been tracked! In this Filters I do:
    Custom Filter > Exclude > Filter Field: Visitor IP Address > ^206\.162\.161\.([1-9]|[1-2][0-9]|30)$ > Case Sensitive : No

So, is it possible to have more than one Visitor IP filter per profile?

Thx
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Never mind - realityhack = idiot
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How do I have to get along with this reply realityhack?

Are you kidding me?
  7. End game expert

Originally Posted by patbaudy
    I have created several profiles for my company's domain. One of them is to report internal usage. Because the company owns 8 plants with a different IP address range for each one, and because GA Filters are limited to 255 characters, I have created 8 filters (one for each plant) in this profile.
    The problem is that no data have been collected and reported yet (filters were created 1 week ago).

Custom Filter > Include > Filter Field: Visitor IP Address > ^206\.162\.161\.([1-9]|[1-2][0-9]|30)$ > Case Sensitive : No

The weird thing is that I use the same expression for tracking external traffic excluding those IP address in another profile, and data has been tracked! In this Filters I do:
    Custom Filter > Exclude > Filter Field: Visitor IP Address > ^206\.162\.161\.([1-9]|[1-2][0-9]|30)$ > Case Sensitive : No

So, is it possible to have more than one Visitor IP filter per profile?

Thx
    I think two things are possible, either you have incorrectly set regular expressions or your configuration is incorrect. Anyway, I suggest you to read this Google analytics guidelines on custom filtering using IP address here: http://www.google.com/support/google...n&answer=55481

It provides some examples and methods to correctly set filters.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Are you kidding me?
    I wrote a reply but upon re-reading your post realized you had already ruled out my potential solution. So I self deleted my post.
    Sorry if I gave you any false hope. I really wish I could help you but I am not a GA expert we use a third party solution for webmetrics.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Can you confirm that the exclude filter is actually excluding the correct IP addresses? Maybe make a non-public page then visit it from within your network a few times? Might tell you if there is a problem in the regular expression.