1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Paid Analytics Services - Who to use - sick of Google Analytics

Hi,

I'm pretty fed up with google analytics - it is missing a lot of visitor numbers from the site - especially when they are referred from certain sites.

I have awstats - - but the data isn't accurate as a great deal of the visits here are for some widgets i have - so yiou can't tell which are the widget loads and which are the widgets.

I'm looking for something I can load on the site and isn't Javascript.
    Any reviews of services that don't cost the earth?

Thanks for any advice.
  3. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

All of the analytics packages use different algos and that is why they report different numbers.

I use ClickTracks (their Optimizer service running on log files). I can set it up with lots of different filters and lots of different labels. I use their log analysis version instead of the java version that runs on their server.

The only downside is that it can take a LONG time to run if you have big traffic (great problem to have, however). If I want to analyze a year of traffic data it will run all day on a very fast machine that I bought special to do analytics.

I really like ClickTracks but it was costly.

I also use weblog expert. Cheaper, less powerful... and also takes a long time to run if you have big logs.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Great stuff - thanks EGOL.
    I haven't got the big traffic worry yet - hopefully that will come someday.
    I'll check them out now.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You could use Clicky or Crazyegg (both have paid and non-paid versions) for tracking web analytics. But both use Javascript for tracking and you mentioned you need something that doesnt use javascript. How else can the analytics be tracked?
  9. Twitter: @barlow1984
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

We use omniture for site tracking and it works very well for us, but I think you need to invest the time into learning how to use it well. We have somene who works on it full time. Again this is a javascript based tracker. The benefit is real time tracking, where as server based trackers are normally only from the end of the day.

One that I wouldn't recommend is site intellegence, slow and pretty rubbish from my experiance.
  11. Contributing User

Clicktale

I have just signed up for ClickTale.

It's quite expensive at $99 per month for up to 3 domains but it is proving invaluable as it records the movement, scrolls and clicks of every visitor over my page.

I can see which parts people are reading, which links they are clicking, how long they spend looking at something. It is like sitting on their shoulder.

I am redesigning my whole site as a result of Clicktale as the results have been surprising.