1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

New domain extension

Hey, My question is.. the new extension that is coming out which is .cm, will it be successful and become high in value or is it one of those domains that just are for sale to make extra money. I saw that .cm is good because of .com and mistyping the o can lead you to the website owned by .cm. The thing is.. the price for .cm is too much and I am not sure if its worth buying .cm for $800. Please tell me if its worth buying premium names for $800. Is this a good investment, and do you think this extension will become popular or close to .com? Thanks and all answers are appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture

If you are buying a domain name for the sole purpose of catching people when they accidentally forget to type the 'o' in .com, then you should not be buyng the domain name. You may get a couple of people a month that this happens to, although I would be surprised if it is that many, but those people that do make the mistake will quickly realize the mistake and then go to where they intended to go.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by SEO Columbus
    If you are buying a domain name for the sole purpose of catching people when they accidentally forget to type the 'o' in .com, then you should not be buyng the domain name. You may get a couple of people a month that this happens to, although I would be surprised if it is that many, but those people that do make the mistake will quickly realize the mistake and then go to where they intended to go.
    I agree
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi, can i steal this thread to ask something else about new domain extensions. Is it possible to copyright some new domain extension at ICANN or anywhere else, and be the only one who can sell domains with that extension. For example, let's say i want to copyright .xyz and sell domains. Are we talking here about insane amounts of money or it's not even possible. Tnx, and don't laugh to newbie pls ;)
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by SEO Columbus
    If you are buying a domain name for the sole purpose of catching people when they accidentally forget to type the 'o' in .com, then you should not be buyng the domain name.
    Moreover, if you make a good work and you build a good brand, your clients could be wrong and go to the most popular .com
    Last edited by neo-one; Jun 1st, 2008 at 11:31 AM.