1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Question Best Analytics Tool for E-Commerce Site

I am looking for opinions on the best option for analytics software. Right now using Google Analytics (cause it's free). But now it's time to spend some money and get some more functionality. I have looked at clicktracks, websidestory, webtrends and omniture. I am leaning toward omniture because it has a real nice site overlay (that can actually read dynamic links, java links, images and flash). It also offers great sales tracking and analysis of checkout page (these are the biggies for me). Websidestory is comparable but quite a bit more expensive and I am not sure I see that much extra value. Any thoughts, advice, or other solutions I may have overlooked.

Thanks
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by roseberry
    I am looking for opinions on the best option for analytics software. Right now using Google Analytics (cause it's free). But now it's time to spend some money and get some more functionality. I have looked at clicktracks, websidestory, webtrends and omniture. I am leaning toward omniture because it has a real nice site overlay (that can actually read dynamic links, java links, images and flash). It also offers great sales tracking and analysis of checkout page (these are the biggies for me). Websidestory is comparable but quite a bit more expensive and I am not sure I see that much extra value. Any thoughts, advice, or other solutions I may have overlooked.

Thanks
    Take a look at DirectTrack and ZNet
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

If cost is not a huge issue, look at coremetrics. I did an in depth analysis of all the reporting tools last year. My final decision was on Omniture primarily because it was cheaper.

Working with Omniture hasn't been 100% positive, but they have a useful tool. Their SearchCenter tool is problematic, unless you use it to manage all your PPC campaigns. It is painfully slow to use.

The Sitecatalyst side is great once you learn how to use it properly. I'd recommend SiteCatalyst without hesitation.

The overlay tool (ClickMap) is one of those flashy tools that looks like a great idea and fun to use. In reality, I don't find it very useful.

As good as SiteCatalyst is, take a look at Coremetrics. They charge a lot more but offer a lot of consulting time as part of the deal.

If you want to get a deal with Omniture, talk to them now... they're likely ready to offer some end of year discounts.

Comments on this post

• roseberry agrees : Thanks a lot - pretty much what I was thinking