1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Almost 90% bounce rate - no idea what's wrong

Hello Everyone

I have been handling with my friendís company website for some time (polish-translations.info) It hasnít been updated for long period. I improved some technical matters and I have ordered its seo to a company.

I installed google analytics on the website a few weeks ago. The problem is that bounce rate of main page is 86-90%, which is of course too much.
    Most of visits on the website is from phrase: "polish translation",

The website has nice, aesthetic graphic look- so I think visitors should click on Ďvaluation formí sub-page after they get to know some basic information. However, as I mentioned above, about 90% of visitors leaves the site immediately.

Has anyone got an idea, what may be the cause of such a high bounce rate?

Thank you for your help and assistance.
    Last edited by neocrk; Dec 19th, 2009 at 08:39 AM.
  3. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Hmmn... I did chk the site. If I was a looking for polish translation and landed on your site, I would close and run too. It might be aesthetic but it has that "sell" "sell" "SELL" feel. Rather you should be focusing on "inform", "try" ,"order" approach.

The home page does not have much information. No free or test service. That is what 90% of the people are looking for. You are scaring them away with the "quote" and "pay" stuff.

The top menu looks like its just about to be lost in the the clouds above it. The page draws all attraction to the model and her red backdrop.

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : I like this assessment... nice work.
    • Lb1878 agrees : Spot on
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Website

You also have some serious spacing issues, nothing is uniform in the slightest - it just all looks a bit messy. As said above the menu is lost, and information is limited.

It looks a bit amaturish (not saying your service is but the site is saying it is..) Id recommend getting a Web Designer to spend half a day or day making it a bit more athestically pleasing to the eye!

Dave

Comments on this post

• Lb1878 agrees
    • NewDelhiSEO agrees : Half a day??... they need to redo the full thing sitting with an SEO..good points
  7. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I was going to add to my comment above but my finger slipped and hit the enter button by accident.

The two previous posters are dead on accurate. If you are going to take money or information from people, at the least, you need to have a privacy policy. People need to feel comfortable giving you information and need to be informed about what you are doing with it. You need to make people feel like you are a legit organization. Spacing issues, not a very crisp site leads people to many conclusions which are likely not in your favor. It does look like you guys threw a site up to make money and that was it. You failed to address some important aesthetics to allow visitors to feel confident giving you money.

Not that you are far away but you need to clean it up and add a privacy policy along with a secure feel. Follow the other advice from above too. Building trust is very important when reaching into people's pockets. If they can't trust you, they won't spend with you.

Comments on this post

• NewDelhiSEO agrees : Yo Yo Yo...thats the way to go.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  9. No Profile Picture

if you higher a professional SEO as you said. Better way is you need to ask him.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Agree with previous posters. Try testing a different landing page via PPC to see how your bounce rate goes for comparison.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thank you very much for all your suggestions and advices.
    I will change whole text on the main page (seo copywriter will do that).

After that I will hire webdesigner to design new layout.

Thanks again

Comments on this post

• HornDog agrees : Another satisfied punter!
    • JVRudnick agrees : yes, but ENSURE that you use an English speaking, culturally English raised copywriter for the english on that page...else the trust you receive will be 'filtered' by poor english copy !!!!
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You need to make several variations of the page and split test using google optimizer. Also check the bounce rate per traffic source for example google organic may have a bounce rate of 90% but your PPC may have a bounce rate of 40%, try to track down the source with the highest bounces.
  17. No Profile Picture

Is around 90% from google organic a problem? I have the same problem
  19. No Profile Picture

I would replace this "Get free quote" button with something more like - "Check us" and underneath put short sentence with explanation. Also i would reccomend to analyze your keywords and maybe copy some of them from competitors...
  21. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by beefjack
    Is around 90% from google organic a problem? I have the same problem
    I would say it's something to be concerned about. Nothing that isn't fixable but you need to diagnose why so many people are bouncing from your site. Re-read the rest of this post. Some issues can be you are targeting the wrong keywords, your site nav/layout is appalling, your content is not engaging or simply, the people who are finding your site are just seeking additional information about your product, service, etc.

Traffic is a great thing and not always easy to get. But what is more important is guiding that traffic down a path and getting that visitor to come out of the shadows and buy something or request info. That is up to your site design to guide visitors down a funnel that you want.

Comments on this post

• NewDelhiSEO agrees

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo