1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Right Alexa Ranking

Hi Guys,

Is alexa ranking is right and all alexa data is right for seo ?
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Not really, no.

Please read some of the posts in this section. They explain that Alexa data can give SOME insight in SOME cases, and that a good Alexa ranking is nothing to aim for specifically for ANY website unless you plan to sell your website to somebody who believes in Alexa data

Good luck.
  5. No Profile Picture

Alexa ranking is important to the website. If you getting good alexa rank, It means your site is more visible in search engine. because google have 1 alexa rank.
    yahoo.com 4
    facebook.com 2
    twitter.com 10

Comments on this post

• realityhack : Compltely totally wrong. You need to learn something before you start babbling about it.
  7. SEO Insultant

Originally Posted by shubhrajoshi
    If you getting good alexa rank, It means your site is more visible in search engine.
    No, it means that people with the Alexa toolbar installed (!) have visited it often.

Most people DON'T have the Alexa toolbar. That is why their metrics are flawed. Good effort, but flawed and inaccurate all the same. Pity. Please move on....

Comments on this post

• NewDelhiSEO agrees : yep
    ...Hey you! FREE SEO report card ...I really my hosting company...
  9. No Profile Picture

The only indicator you should consider for finding out how popular website is is the number of unique monthly visitors you get.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by petervasilev
    The only indicator you should consider for finding out how popular website is is the number of unique monthly visitors you get.
    Actually that is a very incomplete picture. Depending upon the site, conversions, time on site, pages viewed/visit, repeat visitors vs. new visitors, and more may be important. Just having people land on your site doesn't mean the LIKE your site.
  13. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Dzine said everything that OP wanted to know probably.

I will add two more points.
    1. Its Alexa Traffic Rank. So please let's not discuss Quality, SE Visibility and Popularity. Its absurd - Plain Absurd.
    2. It ranks you in terms of rising / falling traffic too. So If you keep the damn Alexa toolbar on all the time and join a group of bloggers who install Alexa toolbars to Troll themselves about their rising Alexa ranks you should soon be happily trolling yourself with a rocketing Alexa Rank graph.
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.
  15. No Profile Picture

I really do not believe in Alexa.
    But I think that if you website have a good alexa ranking, it can not represent it is a good website that with more visits.
    However, vice versa, if your website has so many visits, such as 500,000 visits a day, then you will absolutely have a better alexa ranking, is that all right?
  17. SEO Insultant

Not entirely. If my site gets a million views a day, but from ordinary people (i.e. not SEOs from the Far East who are most likely to have the Alexa toolbar installed), then my Alexa Traffic Rank will be very bad indeed