1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Travel Affiliates

I am starting a travel info site/shorty story site and thought having a travel affiliate for people to book flights, hotels, rental, cars, etc... would be a good way to go. Also thinking about using adsense and maybe a becoming a luggage affiliate to someone who has good back packs and plenty of other stuff for travelers. Can someone let me know their experiences with any travel afilliates such as expedia, cheapoair, hotelscombined, or just help send me in the right direction. Helpful sites that are not misleading would be great too. Any suggestions are welcome as well.

Thanks for any help
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Google recently aquired a travel / airline booking search engine which they will be integrating into their results.

It's suppost to be a big win for the airlines and could squeeze out Expedia and many of the other company's your thinking of making affiliate money from.

Big changes are happening in the industry make sure your aware of them and position yourself properly before you spend a lot of effort on this project.
    Looking to buy a home? Check out my Real Estate Blog for London Ontario and my HGTV real estate tv blog
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I was actually thinking of getting into travel for affiliate marketing. This thread just changed my mind. I think google is going to squash a lot of comparison based websites if that's what anyone has in mind.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by LondonHomes
    Google recently aquired a travel / airline booking search engine which they will be integrating into their results.
    It's suppost to be a big win for the airlines and could squeeze out Expedia and many of the other company's your thinking of making affiliate money from.
    Big changes are happening in the industry make sure your aware of them and position yourself properly before you spend a lot of effort on this project.
    Hmmm.... I didn't know about this. But they're going to kill the competition. Most searchers use Google, for sure their own travel booking search engine will always be on top.