1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Egol, I agree with the theory of a content site making money via affiliate products. I have the same theory, and am hoping the content is what gets the rankings up in the search engines. Of course, this is all still theory with me, as my two sites are both relatively new, so I am still working to get the rankings up to where I want them to be. I guess I'll know in a few months if the theory is a good one or not.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

My opinion is that like everything else, you have to put all your heart to it if you want to be successful. I'm fairly new to the affiliate marketing model, but I'm already making some money from it. This is no different than running an offline business, you still need to have a lot of determination and perseverance. Learn from your mistakes. And like already mentioned, you will eventualy find what works for you.

Peace!

Tiger
  5. No Profile Picture

omfg, reading this i'm about to cry. My site gets 7k unqiues a day. and i can only manage 65$.... SOMEBODY KILL ME :'(

Could someone point me to a ad scheme that will generate me some cash?

I own the cheat site http://cheatgenius.co.uk and http://terroristwar.net. I also have a couple not finished domains
  7. Registered User

Wow, guys! This is one of the best threads I have read in a long time! There is definately big money to be made when you can locate great programs if you are good at SEO and know how to market!

An affiliate for one of my 5 Star programs, DentalPlans, just made over $7,000 last month on that one program alone. I bet with all the affiliate programs is is promoting he is making at least 15K a month.

One of the best ways you can maximixe your earning potential and increase conversion rates is to learn to use datafeeds and make sure they are full of good spider food. See an article I just had published at WebProNews titled "Double Affiliate Conversion Rates with a Datafeed"
    http://www.webpronews.com/ebusiness_...ate_sales.html

To all of you who continue to try to increase your affiliate earnings....

~ Keep the faith ~ Find good honest merchants with high paying programs ~ Learn all you can here at SEOchat ~
    ~ Commit to building at least one new page a day and you can eventually get there.

Best of luck to all of you and let me know if there is anything I can ever do to help your efforts!
    Last edited by Catalyst; Aug 6th, 2003 at 12:30 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture

ok ok internet guy...

How much would it cost me to get you to point me in the right direction over affiliate programs?

Note: This is for http://www.cheatgenius.co.uk it recieves 8000 unique impressions daily
  11. Contributing User

bluesaga
    i suggest you add a pre-order games section
    using amazon's affiliate program
    add a couple of hotly awaited titles to each page . ---not just the picture , but alittle info too.
    this is something i was going to add to my site but it's on the back burner at the minute.

and kill the damn pop-ups!

also i noticed your traffic has doubled recently - does this have anything to do with 'terrorist war' being on your home page??? not what i'd call targetted traffic

just a thought
    paul
  13. No Profile Picture

no, that isn't to do with terrorist war it is completely different ;)

They are news posts and the one about traffic is more to do with affiliates and search engines ;)
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I have a poor, declining track record with CJ since January and it is NOT due to change in search engine SERP positioning NOR to less page views or clicks.
    CJ needs to recognize they have a problem that impacts us and fix it. They know where traffic is going AND who they are sending monthly checks to. They need to use some of their fine brainpower to do some critical analysis.
    Plus their web pages load so darn slow I just don't have the time or patience to fool with them.
    If CJ does not indicate they are addressing these problems I am going to have to drop all their merchants.
    I am darn tired of busting my tail to accomplish high search engine positions and generating a lot of customer traffic for somebody (?) else benefit.
    It does not take a rocket scientist to know there is one heck of a problem at CJ
  17. Registered User

Norton Firewall and Interet Security programs are blocking lots of ads, especially CJ. They don't just block banners or links but just leave a blank spot on the page where the CJ links were. Several of us on another forum are working on solutions plus trying to get CJ to deal with this issue.

Also many ad blockers are blocking links that open in a new window, so that could be part of your decline in sales as well.

Despite this problem and the others you are referring to, my CJ clients, Irvs Luggage, DentalPlans and Roadloans still have MAJOR increases in sales every month and many of our affiliates doubled their commissions from July to August. All my merchants are parasite- free - I won't work with them otherwise - so when I talk about affiliates making big commissions, I am talking about regular, honest SEOs' and affiliates - not dupers.

So I would not write CJ off. You just need to find parasite-free CJ merchants. I know many that are.
    Last edited by Catalyst; Oct 29th, 2003 at 11:26 AM.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi All,

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by internetheaven
    With around 5,000 uniques a day I earn $20,000 a month from affiliate programs.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some one previously posted a message within this post asking internetheaven to prove that he earns the above amount with 5,000 uniques a day as it seems alot.

Well anyway I don't know how he does, but I know how it can be done, and you can even earn well over $20,000 with 5,000 uniques a day.

The way that this can be done is by joining 2-tiered residual income programs that pay about 10% on 2nd level earnings.

All you have to do is keep referring new, but good affiliates to the residual income programs and your downline should steadily grow. Your payouts should increase every month as you will have more affiliates earning for you and it's also residual income which means that once your referrals gains any customers then you will earn every month from that customer that they have referred to the residual income program, if you get what I mean.
  21. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

my cj earnings have tripled in the last month. NO IDEA WHY, but its ok with me. i haven't seen any problems with cj so far.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Something previously mentioned in this post was that people were getting something like 5k - 7k uniques a day but was only making $60 - $400 a month.

I belive this amount of income that you are gaining from the amount of visitors your sites receiving is not all that good.

If you are finding it hard to sell and make money online, then it might be best to keep them affiliate programs on your site, but also include some ppc affiliate programs. Possibly even by adding just a ppc search engine search box to your site or something.
  25. No Profile Picture

Wow, there are a lot of posts from a lot of people that are confused about the affiliate industry.

First off... bluesaga ... I went to the video game website and there was a banner about surveys. This is illogical to yourself and to the users that see your website.

Instead replace it with a banner promoting the best video game store you can find. Place a text link underneath the banner stating that your users can save 25% or more off thier favorite titles (or something similar)

There was a reference about someone earning 20k a month about how it cant be true. I'm sorry to burst the bubble but there are dozens of affiliates in each affiliate industry that earn this. While 80% of affiliates make nothing, 15% earn a little, and 5% or less earn the bulk of the transactions.

I would even vouch that if done effectively bluesaga could be one of the top video game affiliates. I would also stay away from large affiliate networks like cj. Individual programs or small networks with affiliate managers that pay attention to providing the best creatives perform the best. So instead of finding a video game merchant through cj you would look at cduniverse or better yet a video game specific store.

Antoine
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I agree with you! It was only about 3 years ago when I didn't even know what the word "affiliate programs" meant. I didn't know what affiliate programs were, how you could make money from them, etc.

Once I found out what it meant, and how much money you could earn, I got very excited!

After all of the research I've done, here I am today, owning my own site thats earning me a nice amount of money and has many affiliate programs listed within it!

Affiliate marketing is Great!!!
  29. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up check this affiliate program

GO AIO has one of the most profitable affiliate programs on the web! We pay $100.00 each time a submission is included in the GO AIO Directory through your website (not valid for Basic Inclusion).
    Plus $0.05 per click (PPC) and $5.00 per lead.

http://www.goaio.com/dir/affiliateprogram.asp