1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Suggestions on how to promote a Review Site and procure Organic leads- Kindly help

Hi All

I getting ready with a Review Site in the financial and online trading industry.

I had this site designed in 2015 and was ripped off by web developer who said he understood the entire process and will do a great job and its was just an ordinary site.
    Its my fault I understand for not monitoring the site performance because I got business done through telemarketing. After completion of a year I understood that the site is rubbish and then a guy told me he will get me a better site done.
    Now I'm in the process of changing the current site from php to Wordpress and its almost done.

I would like to know how could I go step by step in terms of improving the SEO process

I started with Keyword research and I'm including them in my content.
    Secondly I'm working on my title tag and Meta descriptions using the google tools.
    Also working on internal linking and content engagement and so on....

The industry is highly competitive and I'm not sure if I appear on the 2nd page of google will I get any Traffic and conversions

Can you give me some insights? it will be very helpful

Thanks in advance

Daniel
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hello and welcome,

Google's search engine starter guide is a little old, but I think it's still relevant today: https://static.googleusercontent.com...rter-guide.pdf

In this day and age, mobile optimization is pretty big. Make sure your site is either responsive or has a mobile version. Google keeps separate indexes of mobile and desktop sites now, and the mobile index is considered the "primary" one. The mobile index is an ongoing project that started late last year (November, I think?) and it's not 100% up and working but it's rolling out and will become more important as time goes on.

If you aren't already, I might consider setting the site up as HTTPS. This is especially important if you have any log-in or credit card fields.

Originally Posted by dannyboy06
    I started with Keyword research and I'm including them in my content.
    That sounds good, just be careful of keyword stuffing. Make sure the content is written naturally and sounds like stuff a human would really say. I find that a good test is to read it aloud to yourself or a friend/spouse/cat.

Originally Posted by dannyboy06
    Secondly I'm working on my title tag and Meta descriptions using the google tools.
    Cool! Search Console and Analytics, you mean? Google can (and frequently does) change the titles and descriptions of websites when they appear in SERPs. Sometimes they do it because they don't think the title/description match the on-page content closely enough. Sometimes they do it because of the query that the user entered - they could pull a snippet of on-page content that contains a queried keyword or an assumed answer out into the description, for example.

I don't have any knowledge specific to your niche, but that's some beginner stuff You might already know a lot of it, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I don't consider myself an expert, but we have a lot of members here that have been in the SEO game for a long time. They might drop in with more and better thoughts.

I'm sorry to hear that you got scammed by your first designer. Unfortunately, in the online SEO world, that's pretty common. Be very skeptical of any blog posts you read, if you read any. Some sites/authors/sources are generally good, some are purely speculative, some are completely misleading. The worst are the sites that were set up just to rake in AdSense money. They preach SEO techniques from 2002 as if they were still current and promote themselves as "experts" of the industry. It's hard for people who want to do it themselves. There's a metric ton of garbage out there.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thank you so much Mark, I appreciate your inputs.

As far mobile responsive is concerned it was already touched by my new designer who told me wordpress mobile responsive site is what he is designing for me.

But I'd like to know what tools are available to check mobile indexing by Google

And does google give us mobile analytics
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Most of the more reputable tools for rank tracking have the ability to track your mobile rankings. I advise you to look closely at the various offerings. Most of the good reliable ones are paid tools. Some have free accounts, but give you limited results. Again, each has its pros and cons.

Google Search Console does provide mobile analytics.

Plug this into Google and search "tools for tracking mobile rankings" this will keep you busy for a while.