1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Sudden spike in clicks and revenue

Yesterday and today I've noticed a jump by an order of magnitude with clicks on my Adsense. Obviously the added revenue is welcome if true. There are two legitimate causes I can think of. Usually my CTR is so low, that I get a 0.0% CTR rate. Yesterday I was 0.6% and today am at 1.0%. Obviously this means quite a bit more revenue than normal (but still far less than the heavy hitters here ).

1) I started using phpAdsNew to serve ads yesterday. Does anyone know if that could cause a problem? It does not modify the javascript in anyway.

2) There's a buzz that Google made some changes yesterday. Is that true? I know they were down for a bit.

I immediately notified Google in hopes that my account doesn't get suspended. The CTR probably wouldn't raise their suspicions, but I don't want to take any chances. I always thought my CTR is low, so maybe this is more accurate now? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    -Nuttzy 8)
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Blah, nevermind. Things seemed to have gone back to normal. Someone was probably super click happy or something.

-Nuttzy
  5. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Nuttzy changed his/her mind...
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin