1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Lightbulb New Niche? What would you recommend?

Hi Everyone,

We are looking to expand into some new niches and would like to know what's hot right now?

I am not expecting you to give away the golden egg but maybe you have some micro-niche suggestions which you know has search traffic?

Any thoughts on what is the next big thing?

Thanks all
  3. Contributing User

I had almost this same exact question directed at me during my Reddit AMA. So I figured I would just re-share my answer here:

Honestly it seems as if there aren't anymore easy niches anymore. One thing that I have seen working, that not a lot of folks are doing is becoming a local affiliate.
    So the way this works is, you identify an industry that is popular in your city. It might be "dentistry". Then you create a site that ranks for your local term "Saint Louis Dentist". Then either sell ad space to the local dentist, or collect leads and sell them to the dentist that bids the highest. You could do this with any industry and the beautiful thing is that the terms are typically easier to rank for.
    Hope that helped.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by JoeHall
    Hope that helped.
    Thanks for the comment Joe, plenty of traffic available for localised search.

I still think there are lots of untapped markets just awaiting the right affiliate offer to grab market share.
  7. Contributing User

I would simply test alone before jumping into any affiliate. If you read the news recently you could see that everyone is saying do that, do that or do that. Probably those are fake leads, since more or less they are not going to work. I call them saturated.
    Linkbuildingoffice.com - Houston Local SEO Agency and Inbound Marketing Services
    Follow Linkbuildingoffice on Twitter - @Lbuildingoffice