1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question How would you do it ?

Hi this could be seen as just another cheap skate affiliate marketing post however I am hoping it can be taken seriously -

I am a PPC advertising marketer and wanted to use individual landing pages to market products to test the market. I wondered about this same question from an affiliate marketing perspective too since I may use it as a slightly dodgy marketing option as well. However I do want to rank semi-reasonably even though I am mainly using PPC. I have some ideas and I wondered if any of these would be satisfactory-

1) Building individual domain websites as a landing page of good quality to the reader.

2 ) Building the same as the above but all in separate folders on one domain but them being unrelated. Would back links work for this site also ?

3) Building individual domains websites with 3 pages that ARE related

4) Building one page domain website with back links gradually over period of time looking natural. (Favoured option)

5) Not use search engines and just use bookmarking , social , profiles , web 2.0 properties , blogs etc to promote them. This may raise rank anyway with backlinks.

I'm aiming for the quickest method possible. If I have then I can do this :

Build gradual diversified backlinks to these pages. I can mix blog style pages , review pages with the landing pages on the same domains and use bookmarking , social , profiles , web 2.0 properties , blogs etc to promote them.

Remember I am looking for the quickest solution really if that okay for you to advise me on.

Many thanks indeed it would be much appreciated !
  3. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

You are focusing on fooling the search engine, which will never work.
    Instead focus on adding value to the sites, rather than fooling search engines into believing there is value on your site.
    The bigger the website and the larger the information base the better are you chances to rank. With your 'one page domain' short cuts this is going nowhere.

Not one of the 5 points listed above is sensible.
    Not use search engines and just use bookmarking , social , profiles , web 2.0 properties , blogs etc to promote them.
    What is that supposed to mean? How do you use a search engine to promote a website, especially when the context is back linking?
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.
  5. No Profile Picture

I am sorry I posted in two places it was not an attempt to get an answer just a confusion on my part as to which subject I should post under in the forum. It may be I'd have to decide one or the other and I should have done just that due to the rules - sorry! I am just an average guy with feelings so perhaps you PM could have been toned down. I do listen when told something about the forum.

My purpose here is to test out a market without the search engines being upset about it this is definitely true even if not done so much in 2013. The question would need a re-read from a different perspective to give an answer which would work for it in 2013 I agree. My feeling is I would like to test out certain keywords links and various other things in this pilot situation.

Is it possible to take one of these situations in thoery and which would you do if you needed to do this ?

Would anyone consider helping me on it. Thanks for the above NewdelhiSEO I can see why you would bring this out and point this out. Any on else willing to come from my points. I suppose I ought to go to a PPC forum perhaps and ask it I'm not sure. I admit I might be the PPC bad boy but thought there might be someone willing to look at it hypothetically.

Thanks guys no offense to the normal ways.
  7. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Hi Alpine.
    Sorry for the negative reputation. But I am strict with anyone who might appear to be spamming this forum.

Now coming to the question. You are asking "However I do want to rank semi-reasonably even though I am mainly using PPC."
    So your question is NOT a PPC question, its a SEO question, right?

Now if it was about PPC one page domains or pages / folders in a domain will work without any problem as long as you are
    *relevant
    *Add Value
    *have the right conversion / call to action options

But in SEO, that is not applicable, you need more pages. The more information; valuable, referenced, researched and usable information you have the more powerful will be your internal links and the more chances you have of attracting natural backlinks.

Despite all that if you want to add backlinks you will still be good, as it will only look natural for a large site. With a one page website fit for PPC I don't think you can rank organically.
  9. No Profile Picture

I potentially might test out ones that do not appear in a keyword tool and other people don't have those words on there page ? In this case is Google lightly to favour less relevant pages that have similar (but different content) with say 3 to 1000 pages. For example if my domain folder name and titles in an article were clearly better would google still most likely revert to at least a mini site at mimumum for its search results. It may be there is no answer to my question still as Googles complex perhaps and may not favour adword sites in the organic results or its to money orintated in text perhaps. Yet if it still holds more words in the page that are relevant to the main keywords would it not get priority? Is the answer something like occasionally I'd show and other times not ? or would it be a case of never being shown ever. I appreciate its a very general question but I do not have a website yet and am a newbie.

This was why I was so shocked about my reputation being willingly clicked on and I was so upset. I wanted to feel welcome here really while I am still learning. Its not just you I think I saw about 100 people somewhere on my profile saw me as some sort of horrible forum person. My feeling was there must be some sort of culture that resides. So I feel if this is explained then the red dots next to my name should be removed by a moderator. This is why and people can genuinely relate to this too -

I have just done one mini course on SEO and have learnt recently about Pay per click and was trying to work out how to combine the two as a new person looking to advertising. It must of meant because I have little clue about PPC that I then taken away some of the SEO ethics which I am still getting used too !!!. Give me a chance don't just mark me in red was my plea. Did I feel welcome - well yes initially with my first posts yes. Now I fear posting genuinely , I don't no what to say for my own good for fear of saying the wrong thing. Is there a system for beginners here so they can fit into culture. Always try to get to know a person before doing these type of actions. The only reason I am posting this here is if it is helpful for people to realise. It might be people don't realise that people come here before setting a website up for example. So I am just trying to be helpful.

The SEO question is at the top. Thanks very much I am very grateful for any answers people may feel they can give me. Just to say it is largely answered very well with the second post and I do understand now. I did wonder if I asked slightly more specifically if that was harder to answer if Google was not always that predicatble. If I can get the closet answer possible given your vast experience here it would be extremely helpful. If I get no answer I will assume its to hard to predict Google on this question since all do more pages like the website I am about to create promoting the software. I hope that will not be the wrong assumption therefore. Thanks all.
  11. No Profile Picture

Are sorry my heart felt apologies. I got it wrong completely that was the number of page views not the number of people marking my reputation. My apologies to the moderators etc!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo