1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question How relevant has to be a blog/site for the advertiser?

Hi, I'm newbie as an affiliate manager and I'm currently holding an affiliate program for a company related to learn English aiming to Spanish ppl. I am in the look of affiliates with high ranking learning english-type blogs; however, most of them are direct competence with my company in the sense that they are either small or medium English professors or little schools offering their learning English services. Which means reducing my chances of finding affiliates.
    Offering an affiliate program with my company I think will be counterproductive. (my guess).

There are other blogs that are not exclusively for learning English but a miscellaneous type: news, articles, tech etc, and that it happens they wrote an article in how learning English. I think those ones would be the most interested in this type of affiliate program. However, as mentioned above, there are only a few ones writing learning english-type articles.

So my question is, what's most important relevancy or ranking when choosing affiliates?

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance
    Last edited by xanderusa; Jul 23rd, 2016 at 01:23 PM.
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hello,

I'm not sure if I totally understand your situation - is this an affiliate program that you are planning for your own website ... or are you an affiliate marketer doing affiliate marketing for someone else's website?

If you're doing affiliate marketing for someone else, I feel like it'd be best to ask them - I'm sure they have their own goals in mind, and if you're looking to help achieve them then that's something you need to know beforehand.

Just my first thoughts!
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hi Markroberts. Thank you for your reply. Well, I am an affiliate manager for someone else's website. And they just don't know anything about affiliate marketing. They just want to sell their products. So I am not sure about this either. According to your experience what is the best step to take?
  7. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

So they don't have any instructions or suggestions about how to do the marketing? I would think that they reward you based on your ability to fulfill their goals - so those would probably be the thing to aim for.

I'm not an affiliate marketing expert, but my gut feeling is that conversions are probably important. So if, as it sounds, you've found a place where you could get some potentially converting customers to check out the website you're marketing for...then go for it, right? Relevancy is certainly important.