1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

From about 5 to 300 usd adsense revenue per day in 2 months

Hi,

Here are few advices for adsense newbies (I am not anymore one, but either an expert), that allowed me to climb from about * 5 usd per day to about 300 in two months.

I started the 29th of june this year, and my goal was just to try. The first day, I got 5 usd. Then I put adsense on all my pages and it climbed to 14 usd. After that I bought one of those adsense courses for 29 usd.

I learned there almost everything I know about it, especially that:

- the 468*60 format is not as effective as the square box (250*250).
    - the ads should be inside the page rather than in the upper part.
    -the colors of the ads should be similar to the colors of the website
    - one ad box with only 3 ads is preferable to 3 ad boxes with 4 ads, because only the best paying ads are displayed.
    - it is profitable to create pages targeting high-paying keywords (finance-related, seo, etc.)
    - it is effective to monitor the performances of the pages and transfer traffic through serp and website structure to the most profitable
    - the link ad unit is effective (almost half of my revenues)
    - a google search box can be added (just 1% of my revenues, but it is an additionnal service to your website).

That gives, for example a page such as: http://www.centreurope.org/france/cross-cultural/working-living-france.htm

There is just one thing I have read in the adsense course and that I would not advise. They write that if you create a page with very little content, the probability of receiving clicks is high. It is true. But it also increases the risk of having your adsense account closed.

I have noticed that the revenues are increasing almost proportionnally with the traffic (especially when your website deals with many different topics, countries, etc.), so now I am working at generating more traffic in order to be granted a premium google adsense account. And to reach the 4-digit revenue a day I also try to give more content to my visitors with mostly commercial services, which reduces the probability of seing my adsense account closed and lower the importance of adsense in my total ad revenues (in French, we say it is not good having all our eggs in the same basket).

This is all I know of Adsense. I sincerely hope that it will serve members of this forum (where I learned most of what I know in SEO) as profitably as it has served me this last 2 months.

david

* I write "about" because I do not want to give the exact figures, as it is explicitely prohibited by Google.

Comments on this post

• sorvoja agrees : This is all very good and sound advice.
    • sufyaaan agrees : Well done! :mrgreen:
    • EGOL agrees : Wow... great post for a new member. Thanks. I look forward to reading more of your posts and will watch for them.
    • WeRASkitzzo agrees : great post... thanks for sharing the info
    Last edited by centreurope.org; Aug 30th, 2005 at 07:18 PM.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Good work David, $5 -$300 a day in a few months is pretty amazing on just one website, although I think the site must have existed for sometime before hand.

It should be explained to Adsense newcomers that $5 - $300 on a completely new domain in 2 months would extremely ambitious, I've no doubt that www.bbc.co.uk could go from $0 - $100,000 a day if they decided to paste some well positioned adsense code on their millions of pages without even spending $45 bucks on an adsense ebook, a total newcomer though with a new domain and website should be prepared to sit it out for a while especially during the infamous sandbox period.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

As Andy1664 mentioned, although it is encouraging to see you are succesful, you need to include a reference point. Without the number of unique visitors, dollar amounts do not really mean anything.

A true newbie would not be able to hit your numbers in the proposed time frame without an existing site and visitor base.

The true challenge to increasing AdSense revenue on a brand new site is driving traffic. There are many ways to do this with SE traffic being the least for the first month or two.

Care to share the unique's you were getting before you added the AdSense?
  7. ;-)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

odd footer...
  9. ;-)

p.s. No Google ad may be placed on any non-content-based pages.

check the t&c's... Your breaking them...
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by gabs
    p.s. No Google ad may be placed on any non-content-based pages.

check the t&c's... Your breaking them...
    I suspect by cutting a pasting this success in every forum, it will trigger a review by Google. Technically it does break the TOS as when you follow links to this "information" it never seems to materialize.

Normally this site would fly under the radar, but I suspect it will have a higher profile now.

Part of any good AdSense tutorial should be the simple line of:

Never divulge your Adsense sites as such, especially in a public forum

I have seen countless people post about what they are making along with a link to the site in question, only to have all the boxes go white a few weeks later.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by centreurope.org
    - one ad box with only 3 ads is preferable to 3 ad boxes with 4 ads, because only the best paying ads are displayed.
    How do you display 3 ads per box? I only see options for 4 and 5 ads per box.

Thank You,
    Brian
  15. No Profile Picture

more info

Thanks for your messages and comments,
    I'll try to answer everything but the problem is I am not sure to understand all of your remarks.
    I used to have this problem a few years ago when I started to enter this forum, but the level seemed very high to me and I did not understand the replies from relaxzoolander (or a name like that).

gabs - I grant you that my homepage's footer is odd but it has nothing to do with adsense and do not help adsense revenues.
    And the 5000 pages of Centreurope.org offer content except one (OK, I should remove it from my 404 error page, but it would need to detach its template, which is not very practical), so I don't agree that I am breaking the TOS.

Andy1664 - I agree with you. 2 months ago, I knew nothing about adsense, but I knew how to drive people to my website through SE.

Jasontnyc - My traffic is about 400 000 visitors per month.

Jasontnyc - I am not sure to understand what you write in your second message. I would like to reply (please forgive me if I am not understanding your point) that I did not copy and paste my message to every forum (I just started the same thread on digitalpoint.com and I received a warm and unexpected welcome) and that centreurope.org's goal is to provide information. There are no pages that are build only to get traffic and have people click on the ads.

bryan - the 250 *250 square displays 3 ads.

thanks
    david
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Please P.M me with the Ebook name. I have real trouble with
    Adsense, I would be very interested in reading something
    that will explain that to me.

Thanks
  19. No Profile Picture

adsense course in French

Originally Posted by Sleek_geek
    Please P.M me with the Ebook name. I have real trouble with
    Adsense, I would be very interested in reading something
    that will explain that to me.

Thanks
    The adsense tutorial I bought was in French. Thus I suppose that it may not help you that much.
    david
  21. Contriving Muser

Originally Posted by centreurope.org
    The adsense tutorial I bought was in French. Thus I suppose that it may not help you that much.
    david
    Adsense is Adsense, France, USA, Australia, ... post the link. Don't let a little thing like the french language put you off.

MCS
    x
  23. Permanently Banned

400,000 visitors a month! that's a nice bit of traffic... real nice.
    It's been fun everyone... Time to leave for good. See this for more details.
  25. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by toddieg
    400,000 visitors a month! that's a nice bit of traffic... real nice.
    Indeed, in fact if I got my traffic up to 400K a month I'd be doing a lot more than $300 a day...

Anyone know how to go from 40K visitors a month to 400K in 2 months?
  27. No Profile Picture

really good news, congratulations to you.

29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

this post is from august 2005..this guy should be making $3000 per day