1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question 200 unique daily views with 1200 page views, is having adsense worth it ?

Hello,

As the title implies my site stats are not high, but I was wondering is the sort of traffic I receive even worth the bother of adding adsense boxes to my nice clean site ? paying for my hosting would be nice, I don't presume to be living off the results lol

thanks in advance

Ian
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Well, if 1% click on ads then you will have 2 clicks a day or some 365*2 clicks = 730 clicks a year, if each click averages $0,1 it will bring you $73

Is it worth it Ian?
  5. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up Hello thanks

Hello,
    Thank you for your reply, and I suppose it is not as much as I hoped but then again it would pay for the hosting and domain name each year
    thanks again
    Ian
  7. No Profile Picture

Talking Now here's the problem !

Hello,
    Ok we've got $73 with click through adsense. ( Although what happened to 30 or 50 cents per click through traffic ? )
    but I've just came across a program offering $3 per cpm for a pop up window when people leave the site so basically seeing as I get this 200 users leaving the site at some point that equals $600 divided by 1000 = 60 cents per day times 365 = $219 per year is this a fair portrayal of the difference between my income with adsense and some pop up program ? If so I think the pop up wins hands down
    best regards
    Ian
    Last edited by braveheart007; Sep 15th, 2004 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Extra info
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Many users including me dislikes popups and many have a popup killer installed, and it is becoming a part of Windows XP starting with service pack 2, so I would not go for a pop up program.

The estimate I gave you for adsense was very conservative, your content attracts more competative ads and you take the needed steps to increase clicktroughs then you will make more money. Still it would not pay for more than your hosting, domain, and a few meals at your local drive-in.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by braveheart007
    Hello,

As the title implies my site stats are not high, but I was wondering is the sort of traffic I receive even worth the bother of adding adsense boxes to my nice clean site ? paying for my hosting would be nice, I don't presume to be living off the results lol

thanks in advance

Ian
    Simple answer is to put it on your site for say 14 days and see what happens. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes of your time.

Regards, S
  13. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up many thanks

Hello,
    Thank you both for your help I'm now waiting for Google to let me join adsense, I never did like pop ups or unders or whatever but wondered why in payment terms there seemed such a big difference, If adsense is not quite as money making as pop ups I can live with that as I really don't want to annoy my visitors so as Spartan says I'll try Adsense it cant hurt
    best regards to all
    Ian
  15. Contributing User

Pop Ups are a pain
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If adsense pays for your hosting go for it you might be suprised and do a lot more.